Make a donation

Author Topic: DV question/problem  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Sam89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
DV question/problem
« on: January 02, 2013, 08:50:14 pm »
Fitted a second hand rev d DV to my cupra and now when I let off the throttle it makes a weird sound like something is sticking and then releasing, it does this just stood still aswel and with the slightest bit of throttle, the noise can be described as like when you put your finger in your beer bottle and force it out to make a funny noise (I know funny way to describe it but that's all I can refer it to lol)
I'm gunna try my old rev g again tomorrow as it was in good nick and see if that makes a difference as it seemed fine before I removed it.

Has anyone had this before tho, forgot to add the noise can be heard from the intake not the dv but that's the only thing I have changed since having the car mapped.

Cheers and any info/help is appreciated  :happy2:

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
Re: DV question/problem
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:55:50 pm »
I used to get a squeel snoise with the D but dont have any issues with the G. Id refit the G and wouldnt bother with the D.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Sam89

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:58:12 pm »
Think I'm gunna tbh I actually think the car feels a tad slower with the d like its lagging of power

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 09:06:48 pm »
I used to get a squeel snoise with the D but dont have any issues with the G. Id refit the G and wouldnt bother with the D.

+1 on this. I fitted a D and thought it sucked,was sure it was leaking boost...didn't think it sealed that well without the rubber.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone