Make a donation

Author Topic: Losing Faith in VW  (Read 10051 times)

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
Re: Losing Faith in VW
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2013, 07:16:27 pm »
I agree with the above. Time is priceless! So what somebody has 200k plus salary when working 320 hours a month?? Best to keep the balance in everything in life.

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2013, 07:26:10 pm »
I agree with the above. Time is priceless! So what somebody has 200k plus salary when working 320 hours a month?? Best to keep the balance in everything in life.

Depends on their motivation...

Doctors and surgeons work long hours and get paid a lot, but ask any of them if money is their motivation and they'll say it isn't. Their job is what makes them tick - it's their life.

On the other hand I have a default dislike for people who are purely motivated by money. Greed is not a good personality trait.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2013, 07:32:54 pm »
Must it be new Luke?
Does a finance deal on a 6-12 months old car with a decent remaining warranty, low mileage and 20+% less off new price not appeal at all?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2013, 09:13:53 pm »
Must it be new Luke?
Does a finance deal on a 6-12 months old car with a decent remaining warranty, low mileage and 20+% less off new price not appeal at all?

The best finance deals are normally on new cars. Discounts and subsidised finance rates are the appeal. I'd rather have a new car at 0-4% than a used car at 9%+. Take a look at the VW site and their finance examples on used cars. Crazily, some of them are listed with finance available at 27%+. Mental!!!

Luckily my company have just started offering HP @ 4% on used cars for staff. We have a few good offers on low mileage cars going pretty cheap.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2013, 09:32:17 pm »

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2013, 09:48:52 pm »
19-20% APR is stupidity, I agree.

You don't have to go through the manufacturer/franchise dealer for finance though necessarily, would you?
- Maybe there's more info I don't know.

Maybe I'm old fashioned (for 25  :grin:) but isn't forking less up front for something 1-2 years old with all the trimmings (where possible) going to leave more in your pocket over X years?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2013, 09:54:34 pm »
My Dad retired at 50 from the Bank (Area Director) earned his money throughout his life in various roles before moving into senior management and put the majority of it into property and company share saves, he sold all his shares before it went boobies up and the properties they bought over the years are worth between 3-7 times what they paid for them (Even now with the "property slump"), he is now 62 and works part time with me and my mother Altho I don't think he wants to really  (mother is a strong willed woman!) :grin:

And this is why deako and his generation cannot afford a house and can hardly scrape by.
Because that generation bought lots of houses. Made house prices quadruple at least (supply demand) Made rents so high people could hardly afford to live or save a deposit to buy.
Imo people who own more than one house should be massively taxed on it and buy to let morgages should be outlawed. Imo any other house people own  they are not living in for more than 7 months of the year they should get stung / ass raped in tax for it.
The rich get richer the poor get poorer. As long as I'm alright jack,  Screw the next generation seems to be that generations legacy.

Having seen my fathers tax returns for the last 8+ years I know well enough he contributes plenty to HMRC  :happy2:, they also pay council tax on all the properties even tho they dont get any of the services they pay for (they dont rent them out as they use them all due to our family being located all over the country).

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »

You don't have to go through the manufacturer/franchise dealer for finance though necessarily, would you?

Maybe I'm old fashioned (for 25  :grin:) but isn't forking less up front for something 1-2 years old with all the trimmings (where possible) going to leave more in your pocket over X years?

You don't no. Loans are readily available too, depends if you want PCP, loan or Hp. If I can get a brand new car with a huge discount and 0% surely that's the best option? ;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:07:17 pm by Deako »

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2013, 10:43:58 pm »

You don't no. Loans are readily available too, depends if you want PCP, loan or Hp. If I can get a brand new car with a huge discount and 0% surely that's the best option? ;)

I always thought buying a 2-3 year old car (Where most of the initial depreciation has been paid by someone) else is the best thing, but looking at lease deals it might be better, who knows for sure until you work the figures on the 2 cars.

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2013, 08:36:25 pm »
Popped to a Vauxhall dealer. Would only offer 4% discount on a VXR. Can get 12% through work at just over £3k. Ridiculous to be honest. At work we purchase from Vauxhall dealers too, we do buy in volume to get discounts but I always though Vauxhall discounted big. Lookers Yardley for information. Don't bother. Also, I do look young (for 32) but the guy insulted me by saying "If you can insure it".

We could have gotten £6500 off a GTC CDTi through work too, and that's only a £22k car. Nearly 33%!!

Popped to my work outlet to take a look at new car stock and have reserved an Audi A1 1.6 TDI Sport. Done 13k miles, just 1 year old, getting it for £13,595 if we pull the trigger. Quite cheap on the current staff finance rate. Got 2 years of the Audi warranty left and could be extended for another 2 years. With up to 75mpg it should be cheap motoring for a few years.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2013, 08:40:12 pm »
Sounds like you found the donkey jacket tool at that particular dealer. I hope you laughed at him.

A1 - Perfect commuter car. Save the rest of the brass for something silly once you've finished getting the house sorted. :happy2:
Sideways yo!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2013, 08:47:33 pm »
To be honest, if I could get the discount that has been quoted by the guy on here back in June, with our deposit combined it would have been under £20k. On straight HP @ 0% it would have been about £300 p/m and is happily pay that for the VXR for the added fun factor.

I spoke to 2 donkies at the dealership, neither of them really knew the company I work for (we have 300k cars on UK roads and are down the road), considering most of our Vauxhall maintenance would go through them too.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2013, 08:48:45 pm »
So what happened to the supposed 7k discount Luke?

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »
So what happened to the supposed 7k discount Luke?

Well, we can get nearly £7k through work (not on the VXR can get £3200 on that). Assumed dealers were doing similar.  Especially after this post:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49181.msg564826.html#msg564826

Just read the last post on that thread, and looks like family/friends discount. If he replies to me before tomorrow, I might still be tempted. Bet it's cash only though and can't take advantage of 0%.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:02:24 pm by Deako »

Offline WolverineMAc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2013, 09:05:18 pm »
How much for the m135
Mk5 Gti Edition 30, Manual, Tornado Red