Make a donation

Author Topic: Losing Faith in VW  (Read 10601 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Losing Faith in VW
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2013, 09:14:34 pm »
So what happened to the supposed 7k discount Luke?

Well, we can get nearly £7k through work (not on the VXR can get £3200 on that). Assumed dealers were doing similar.  Especially after this post:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49181.msg564826.html#msg564826

Just read the last post on that thread, and looks like family/friends discount. If he replies to me before tomorrow, I might still be tempted. Bet it's cash only though and can't take advantage of 0%.

Ah ok, be interested to know what the deal is as and when you find out!  :happy2:

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2013, 10:22:50 pm »
30 years service , nice lump sum and a final salary pension, great times. If you've been savvy with your money, as it seems he has, why the hell would you continue to work?

And if you've put up with half the c**p he has in that 30 years service then i say fair play  :happy2:

The job is one step closer to cells, than you and me on the street, if it goes wrong.

Enjoy the retirement, my mate has 2 years and counting after his last 10 on plain clothes firearms, so he doesnt call it a job now, more play time each day  :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2013, 10:38:40 pm »
Vw are going mental with the pricing !!
Mk4 gti - £15500
Mk5 GTI - £19900
Mk6 GTI - £24000

That's crazy inflation !!!

The mk7 is ment to be cheaper to make though so mabe the prices will start to level out.
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2013, 10:43:01 pm »
Vw are going mental with the pricing !!
Mk4 gti - £15500
Mk5 GTI - £19900
Mk6 GTI - £24000

That's crazy inflation !!!

The mk7 is ment to be cheaper to make though so mabe the prices will start to level out.

I doubt it. I specced a GT on the configurator to nearly £27k with just a few options.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2013, 10:44:57 pm »
What mk7 ?

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2013, 10:45:30 pm »

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2013, 10:46:59 pm »
The MK6 was cheaper to make than the Mk5.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2013, 10:51:45 pm »
Must it be new Luke?
Does a finance deal on a 6-12 months old car with a decent remaining warranty, low mileage and 20+% less off new price not appeal at all?

The best finance deals are normally on new cars. Discounts and subsidised finance rates are the appeal. I'd rather have a new car at 0-4% than a used car at 9%+. Take a look at the VW site and their finance examples on used cars. Crazily, some of them are listed with finance available at 27%+. Mental!!!

Luckily my company have just started offering HP @ 4% on used cars for staff. We have a few good offers on low mileage cars going pretty cheap.

Glad you've raised this Luke, i purchased on PCP new when i was 17, on a Saxo, as it came with 2 yrs free insurance, which in a BD postcode at 17, enabled me to own a car. Since then i have always used a private loan if needed to change my car.

The reason being is that in my head it means i own the car and not that garage, Personal loans are pretty cheap, Tesco 5.3%, which is better than i have seen at some dealers.

The comments from yourself and Mike, have got me thinking though. I receive a car allowance each month from my company, which i do use to fund the ED30, but i suppose with it i could do a PCP, low miles, i do 8k ish a year and use the equity in my car to give me financial security or if the girlfriend realises get married  :signLOL:

I just cant get my head around the feeling that i will never own the car or i have to hand it back at the end of 3 years etc.. and walk away with nothing, i do like owning a car outright...  :confused:

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2013, 10:52:14 pm »
I never thought it would be cheaper than the mk6 but that price is stupid, still the GT tdis weren't far away from the price of the GTis on the mk6 anyway were they !

Just buy a mk2 again ! Tell you what i wouldn't be without mine and I have more fun in it than just about anything ive ever owned - despite it not being the fasted now-a-days

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2013, 10:56:16 pm »

The comments from yourself and Mike, have got me thinking though. I receive a car allowance each month from my company, which i do use to fund the ED30, but i suppose with it i could do a PCP, low miles, i do 8k ish a year and use the equity in my car to give me financial security or if the girlfriend realises get married  :signLOL:

I just cant get my head around the feeling that i will never own the car or i have to hand it back at the end of 3 years etc.. and walk away with nothing, i do like owning a car outright...  :confused:

Just use the allowance on a VW UP! or something to keep the mileage off the Ed30.

I never thought it would be cheaper than the mk6 but that price is stupid, still the GT tdis weren't far away from the price of the GTis on the mk6 anyway were they !

Just buy a mk2 again ! Tell you what i wouldn't be without mine and I have more fun in it than just about anything ive ever owned - despite it not being the fasted now-a-days

I do love my Mk1/2s. I will have one sat in the garage for fun. But I would never take one on the motorway commute every day. They get squashedike tin cans by modern cars in crashes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:58:05 pm by Deako »

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2013, 11:00:07 pm »
Oh yea big time ! Sorted then mk2 and Aygo fire !

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2013, 11:01:45 pm »
Loans at 5.3% is a load of rubbish. Try meeting their criteria for that rate. My wife and I sought finance for home improvements earlier this year and despite earning a combined wage of nearly £90k and both having perfect credit rating we couldn't get anything near the best rates that were being quoted.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2013, 11:03:55 pm »
Loans at 5.3% is a load of rubbish. Try meeting their criteria for that rate. My wife and I sought finance for home improvements earlier this year and despite earning a combined wage of nearly £90k and both having perfect credit rating we couldn't get anything near the best rates that were being quoted.

I have done just that, but i do work in financial services, so need to be 'fit and proper' for my job, guess i must have squeeky clean credit rating.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2013, 11:05:17 pm »

I've found similar in the past. Best rates I've been offered in the past have been via my own bank. But we have a Barclays Premier account.

And I work for a company owned by a bank too^^, so had to have criminal and credit based checks before I got my job.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2013, 06:18:26 pm »
I think I have narrowed it down to 2 cars. Can you help me decide?

Audi A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition S-Tronic
59 plate, 42k miles
Bose
Phantom Black Pearl
£14,195

BMW 123d 3dr Hatch Manual
59 plate, 29k miles
18" Rims
Metallic Grey
Rear parking sensors
Has a few scuffs on paint
£12,695

So torn between the 2.

BMW is incredible value, but lacking options. Twin turbo out of warranty, issues?? Will be more fun to commute in.

Audi keeps it VAG, but DSG out of warranty is scary. I can get aftermarket, but how much of a DSG repair would be covered. I know I have probably just been unlucky with the Scirocco.

:popcornsoda: