Make a donation

Author Topic: Heads up  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Heads up
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 11:00:12 pm »
He got it right. Jealously is the issue.

The rich barstewards!!!!

I dont know. 

I love the sounds of supercars and if i see one overtalke i always open the window.  But i f i had them coming past my window at full chat at all hours of the day/night id be going bonzai about it.

Nasir

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 11:04:27 pm »
I think the 'residents' have a problem with more than just the cars. Especially that guy with the umbrella.

That said, it would be quite annoying if you didn't like cars.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 11:16:59 pm »
I agree with the guy driving the aventador.  Being out in the desert then coming to the UK and seeing the greenery is special.

When i came back from Afghan the first thing I noticed is there is so much colour everywhere. Driing through the countryside feels amazing.

I think the 'residents' have a problem with more than just the cars. Especially that guy with the umbrella.

Thats probably true as well.  The older generations, as on the show, will definitely be less accepting of the mass influx of foreigners than the younger generations.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 11:18:01 pm »
I followed a Mclaren MP4-12C for a good few miles down the M1 and M18 last September. The noise was awesome and at every opportunity he dropped it a gear or 2 and gave it some beans.

It was all I could do not to overtake him and embarrass him.  :grin:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 11:20:25 pm »
I think we'd all be thinking slightly differently if they'd shown more coverage of the genuinely reckless behaviour that happens, like that turquoise 599, rather than just the showing off and revving of engines.

I think that guys was on to something. Someone should open a restaurant and invite people to boot their supercars past it. I'd pay for it!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 11:28:29 pm »
I think that guys was on to something. Someone should open a restaurant and invite people to boot their supercars past it. I'd pay for it!

but would you happily live in the flat above it?

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 11:31:33 pm »
Would I chuff!

This behaviour is only comparable to us Brits raiding sh*tholes like Magaluf every July and August, getting pissed off our heads and vomiting everywhere.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 11:49:13 pm »
Only for a few weeks a year - not all that bad.  + like they say the money they bring to the area.  You cant have everything, not sure I feel that sorry for them living in Knightsbridge - oh such a bummer eh.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 11:52:41 pm »

Would it be presumptuous to think that these guys are gonna be a bunch complete choppers?

Shock horror, they actually seem to be a thoroughly charming, respectable and polite bunch of guys.

....Indeed they are! Not like the average Brit abroad.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 11:53:02 pm »

but would you happily live in the flat above it?

I think the bloke in the flats missing a trick...go off on his hols,then rent his apartement out for the weeks that the supercars are there to the car spotters or some other petrolhead.
I know that all I would be doing is hanging off the balcony,dribbling like a loon.....

Besides,I bet that if an offer was made on their property of a few million,how long would the Knightsbridge residents hang around?
They'd be snapping up the readies and heading off to the Cheshire badlands. :laugh:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 12:17:04 am »
He got it right. Jealously is the issue.

The rich barstewards!!!!

I dont know. 

I love the sounds of supercars and if i see one overtalke i always open the window.  But i f i had them coming past my window at full chat at all hours of the day/night id be going bonzai about it.

You mean you'd be that mad you'd grow small Japanese trees?  :laugh:
Golf R gone.

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 12:19:45 am »
Those residents were presented as pompous twits and I'm sure they'll see  that in themselves if they view the programme. If someone was revving their 458/lambo outside my house at 1am I'd be outside telling them to turn it in, not having a residents meeting and writing to the Qatar embassy.

Loved the show and it's why I love driving in London, as you see some real exotic motors such as these all over the place.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:06 am »

Those residents were presented as pompous twits and I'm sure they'll see that in themselves if they view the programme.

....Pompous twits like that think that what they are is normal and they're usually so stuck in their ways that they won't change.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:25 am »

Those residents were presented as pompous twits and I'm sure they'll see that in themselves if they view the programme.

....Pompous twits like that think that what they are is normal and they're usually so stuck in their ways that they won't change.

So true. Hence why she refused to sell her flat.

Offline b16vrg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 11:21:15 am »
Yeah, it was a good watch and that boy pushing past with the brolly was quality tv :signLOL:

But as the interviewer said, had any of the people actually spoke to the drivers?