Make a donation

Author Topic: 2013 Golf GTI MK7 2.0L TSi in Detail.  (Read 22938 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: 2013 Golf GTI MK7 2.0L TSi in Detail.
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2013, 09:12:14 am »
The M135i has been winning every award known to man, but don't forget, so did the MKV GTI when it was launched.

If what they're saying is right about having this performance pack adding all the things enthusiasts have been complaining is missing, I think it'll be a great car. It's certainly on the short list to replace the A6 as the next broomstick.

Still wrong wheel drive mind  :laugh:
Sideways yo!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2013, 09:25:56 am »
It's only wrong wheel drive until your rwd spits you out on a corner that you know a fwd car would have had no problem going around  :driver: :P

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2013, 09:30:37 am »
The only difference is which way the car is facing when you smash through the bus stop.  :grin:
Sideways yo!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 11:51:36 am »
Do you want to see the look on Grandma's face when you plough into her or not?  :evilgrin:

Saintsteve

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2013, 01:06:21 pm »
Saw a TDi blue motion today in the showroom, loved the look of the interior , and seats felt very comfy, but I cannot say the same out the way the mk7 looks and it's Square looking shape. If David Coultard was a way to describe its shapes and design.
Jurys out,untill I see the mk7 GTi in the flesh.

On the Plus side, Peter Cooper have asked to have my car for the showroom for when the 7th GTi generation arrives. one for the Scrap book.

They currently have a Mk2 on display alongside the mK7.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2013, 06:07:06 pm »
Drove the 1.4TSI GT model today, this ACT (Active Cylinder Technology) is very impressive - kicks in a fair bit too as it shows on the screen, not sure its all worth it as when reading the brochure it says upto 0.22mpg difference ... hmmm.

Its got some good gizmo's too - radar guided cruise as standard on the GT, sat nav etc, multiple buttons on the wheel.  The touch Nav screen is used throughout the car so for choosing which driving mode you want and a custom mode etc.  Electronic handbrake was something new but worked well - auto disengages when you pull away, engages when you release your seatbelt - does more I am sure.

interior was nice, lovely seats especially with the Alacantara middle sections, driving it felt good - nice power delivery for this engine, handles well and very quiet and comfy.

I've driven a 1.4TSI before a few years ago, I forgot how well that engine goes and £30 a year road tax now too - very impressed on the engine especially round town and short trips - ok so its never going to be as good as a 2.0L up over 70mph but then you shouldn't be going more than that anyway eh  :wink:

didn't see one in the flesh but looked at the colour cards and the Onyx White looks lovely.

spec'd one up at £28k, reckon there was around £1k available in that and its very tempting, just still thinking that a lot of money for a 'normal' car and don't think I could commit without seeing what the GTI offers - yes the GT is a good car, cheaper to run etc but is that really what I am looking for??    If I was given one as a company car then of course I wouldn't complain.

overall a very nice car, quite liking the new look (not that its too much different to the mk6), built quality seems excellent.

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2013, 07:15:12 pm »

spec'd one up at £28k, reckon there was around £1k available in that and its very tempting, just still thinking that a lot of money for a 'normal' car

£28k seems soooooooo much when you compare this to whats available on the used or nearly new market!

I'm not sold on the MK7 looks wise but I will make final judgement with the GTI and its pricing will be interesting as well.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2013, 07:18:15 pm »
Well it sort of hints at a decently specced GTI being £33-34k, and a few more grand for the performance pack.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2013, 07:30:59 pm »

On the Plus side, Peter Cooper have asked to have my car for the showroom for when the 7th GTi generation arrives. one for the Scrap book.

....That's a great photo opportunity, Steve  :happy2:

I bet you're glad you upgraded your camera gear.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2013, 07:32:52 pm »

didn't see one in the flesh but looked at the colour cards and the Onyx White looks lovely.

Think it's called Oryx White. Name stuck in my head when I looked at the colour cards too.

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2013, 07:35:15 pm »
As much as I like the GTI, you'd need your head testing to spend £30k+ on one. You can get an awful lot more car under warranty with low miles for that sort of money. (RS3?)

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2013, 08:46:47 pm »
Your right Oryx White, lovely colour- pearl effect.   £930 option mind you.  They removed things like dual zone climate, that now being a £400 option - something which was nice but after having it and not really using it that much I wouldn't pay money for it.

£28k is a lot and when you think about it being a 'normal'ish looking car too - as in except the 10mm ride height and the wheels looks like every other new Golf.  Maybe if it a R line kind of kit on it then I would be more tempted.   I would seriously be tempted with something like the AM V8 Vantage if it wasn't for the silly fuel consumption and possibly upsetting customers thinking I earn too much  :laugh:

Although I'm not too fussed about running costs (to a degree) I don't think I could justify the extra on the RS3 - also how long has that model A3 been around now!?!.  I would love the sound of something more than a 2L but just can't justify it and then there's trying to sell it in a few years.  Its bad enough thinking about that with something like the 2L cars now... or is that me and there are still plenty of younger folk spending the money.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2013, 09:20:16 pm »
Has anyone else seen Volkswagen's TV commercial for the Mk7 Golf? - It was on Ch5 tonight.................

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4o5l3pfb4i2jg8um44h309iiki&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2013, 09:23:01 pm »
I immediately hate those front headlights!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2013, 09:33:12 pm »
Has anyone else seen Volkswagen's TV commercial for the Mk7 Golf? - It was on Ch5 tonight.................

That would make a great advert for Detail my Ride or Miglior.  :pomppomp:

I quite like the styling, very understated and different to the direction hatches are going recently.  :happy2: