Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI starting Problems :( **Think we found the problem**  (Read 3192 times)

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: GTI starting Problems :( **Think we found the problem**
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 07:54:07 pm »
What is this recall for coilpacks i keep seeing - i cant find any details

To be totally honest, I'm not sure. Apparently mine should be under recall according to my mechanic but VW say no. Shall be researching fully tomorrow using my chassis no instead of VRM.

Search google for coil packs, VW replaced a load cause of a problem, pretty sure that they end up like mine above if not changed  :sad1:

Saintsteve

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 06:48:35 pm »
From memory, coil pack recall effected all gti's prior to March 07.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 08:02:26 pm »
^^^^
I'm splitting hairs when I say not strictly what is known as a "recall" but same difference! Basically, all you have to do is go to a VW dealership and ask them to check that your coilpacks are all up-to-date because VW are replacing all those that aren't. Everything should be free of any charge, including the initial inspection.

The onus is on you to go to VW.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 08:12:21 pm »
^^^^
I'm splitting hairs when I say not strictly what is known as a "recall" but same difference! Basically, all you have to do is go to a VW dealership and ask them to check that your coilpacks are all up-to-date because VW are replacing all those that aren't. Everything should be free of any charge, including the initial inspection.

The onus is on you to go to VW.

Thanks Robin... might pop in sometime when passing - free is my favourite price for stuff  :signLOL:
Ant