Make a donation

Author Topic: Cricket Thread - Where are you, Cricket Badgers?  (Read 593 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Cricket Thread - Where are you, Cricket Badgers?
« on: January 12, 2013, 10:02:58 pm »

Any other cricket badgers on here?

I've been playing since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I grew up in the same Surrey team as Mark Butcher, Adam Holliaoke & Matt Church, whilst Ashley Giles & Ian Ward played up a year in our team quite a bit.

It would be good to know if anyone else likes feel leather on willow, or simply enjoys following our great Summer sport.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Cricket Thread - Where are you, Cricket Badgers?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 10:50:02 pm »
Love it!   :happy2:

Used to play for a local team "Horsham Trinity" but due to working every weekend nowadays that soon put pay to my bowling days, a relief to the opposition as every 3rd/4th ball would be a full toss!  :laugh:

I always go to watch Sussex when they are in Horsham as the ground is only about 50 yards from my Dad's house so its free parking! He's a Cricket nut and has travelled around the world with the Barmy Army watching the boys spank all comers over the last 4-5 years.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 11:15:12 pm »
Love it!   :happy2:

Used to play for a local team "Horsham Trinity" but due to working every weekend nowadays that soon put pay to my bowling days, a relief to the opposition as every 3rd/4th ball would be a full toss!  :laugh:

I always go to watch Sussex when they are in Horsham as the ground is only about 50 yards from my Dad's house so its free parking! He's a Cricket nut and has travelled around the world with the Barmy Army watching the boys spank all comers over the last 4-5 years.

:happy2:

An old mate of mine is head coach at Horsham CC, fantastic ground. I've done some coaching courses with him there in the summer 2 or 3 years ago.

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 08:39:27 am »
Never played much but absolutely love it, shame living in Cumbria I have to travel so far to see 1st class stuff.
One of my best sporting days ever was when the wife and I paid a chance visit to Headingley in 2001 for the Ashes test when Mark Butcher hit his 173no to chase down 315 and win the game, tremendous stuff.

My 10mth old loves it too, spent all day Friday with him watching the one dayer.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 03:00:43 pm »
Never played much but absolutely love it, shame living in Cumbria I have to travel so far to see 1st class stuff.
One of my best sporting days ever was when the wife and I paid a chance visit to Headingley in 2001 for the Ashes test when Mark Butcher hit his 173no to chase down 315 and win the game, tremendous stuff.

My 10mth old loves it too, spent all day Friday with him watching the one dayer.

You could tell he was going to make it when we were growing up. He was such a class act, made batting look so effortless and elegant. He's also a bloody nice bloke, and would always make a point to come over and have a chat with me or my Dad if he spotted us at a game of coaching event, even after he'd made it. A very likeable and normal chap. Great fun on tour as well, but what went on tour stays on tour!