Make a donation

Author Topic: Taking the plunge....winter tyres  (Read 922 times)

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 4
  • Edition 30 No.1059 - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
    • Email
Taking the plunge....winter tyres
« on: December 17, 2012, 09:57:07 am »
Decided to get winter tyres fitted this morning, gone for the Avon Ice Tourers as a good deal found on these and seems some good feedback on here!

Been caught out many times before so hoping these make a real difference this year......bring on the snow!!

Will provide an update when the cold stuff hits  :happy2:

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN - Edition30 No. 1059
Currently loving - SEAT Leon FR184 - sunroof, tech pack, 18" performance alloys, convenience and sound pack

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: Taking the plunge....winter tyres
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 04:55:51 pm »
I did the same. I went for some Nokian WR A3's. Still cleaning the wheels before having them fitted.

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 4
  • Edition 30 No.1059 - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
    • Email
Re: Taking the plunge....winter tyres...UPDATE
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 05:46:07 pm »
So...after the -14c temps and a good few inches of snow in Norfolk last couple of days, I ventured out on the roads today after spending a good 30 mins de-snowing and de-icing the car today.

Have to say I was very impressed with how the winter tyres coped in what would have normally been a nightmare just getting off the drive with the Pilot Sport 3's!

Great traction on very icy roads and the car felt well planted.

So glad I finally took the plunge, wasn't cheap but can now rotate between winter and summer tyres and should last me a good few seasons  :happy2:

Would thoroughly recommend winter tyres for anyone still sceptical.

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN - Edition30 No. 1059
Currently loving - SEAT Leon FR184 - sunroof, tech pack, 18" performance alloys, convenience and sound pack

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Re: Taking the plunge....winter tyres...UPDATE
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 11:19:03 pm »
So...after the -14c temps and a good few inches of snow in Norfolk last couple of days, I ventured out on the roads today after spending a good 30 mins de-snowing and de-icing the car today.

Have to say I was very impressed with how the winter tyres coped in what would have normally been a nightmare just getting off the drive with the Pilot Sport 3's!

Great traction on very icy roads and the car felt well planted.

So glad I finally took the plunge, wasn't cheap but can now rotate between winter and summer tyres and should last me a good few seasons  :happy2:

Would thoroughly recommend winter tyres for anyone still sceptical.

yeah i agree, ive got yohohama W drives on at the mo. other people slow right down when its snowing, i just go by overtaking them haha a