Make a donation

Author Topic: Supercar Running costs etc  (Read 5884 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5asv10mk5tmbi56sisab8m1f73&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Supercar Running costs etc
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 01:03:11 am »
Well unless its 300bhp.... It's hardly a supercar  :popcornsoda:

Saintsteve

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 06:59:23 am »
My super car is cheaper to run than your golf.   :pomppomp:

IMG_5577 by T0P cat, on Flickr

On a serious note, you cant really call a Noble a Super car, yes it has great performance but so does A Eddie. Really, out of all the newer cars the R8 will have the cheapest but it will still set you back. Any that you buy out of warranty will be a big risk and fixing them will be eye watering. Plus you don't even drive your Eddie much, it will feel painful when annual service costs come in and you have not used it.
You really need to have a whack of money to run and enjoy a Super car.  :happy2:

That's the case on any car hardly driven in a nice warm heated garage though.. :innocent:

Or that sit on the drive not being driven...  :happy2:

It's having an old change at Vw today??  Really don't follow what you mean bud  :signLOL:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 08:58:09 am »
if i were ever going to get a supercar on a budget it would always be a Porsche. servicing isn't going to cost you both your kidneys and they seem pretty bulletproof. probably not as much soul as some italian exotica, but then not as high maintenance either.

the thing is, more and more recently i've been questioning whether there is even any point in having a supercar in this country.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 09:16:42 am »
My super car is cheaper to run than your golf.   :pomppomp:

IMG_5577 by T0P cat, on Flickr

On a serious note, you cant really call a Noble a Super car, yes it has great performance but so does A Eddie. Really, out of all the newer cars the R8 will have the cheapest but it will still set you back. Any that you buy out of warranty will be a big risk and fixing them will be eye watering. Plus you don't even drive your Eddie much, it will feel painful when annual service costs come in and you have not used it.
You really need to have a whack of money to run and enjoy a Super car.  :happy2:

That's the case on any car hardly driven in a nice warm heated garage though.. :innocent:

Or that sit on the drive not being driven...  :happy2:

It's having an old change at Vw today??  Really don't follow what you mean bud  :signLOL:

How come your changing the oil, is it past it's use by date?  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5asv10mk5tmbi56sisab8m1f73&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 09:18:18 am »
Who uses VW for servicing???  :surprised:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 09:29:02 am »
My mate's 997.2 costs little more to run than a hot hatch, sure the initial purchase cost is higher, but they depreciate at the same rate.

I think something like a Vantage S has enough of a balance between supercar and every day usability, without going down the obvious R8/911 route.

A 360 is a nice proposition, not a great deal of money and they're still pretty raw. Very little in the way of fancy stuff to go wrong and has the charm of an era when they were still raiding the Fiat Tipo parts bin.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:37:48 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Saintsteve

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 09:34:03 am »

Can't be asked to dispose of engine oil, and for the sake of £60 and my service logged stamped ,it's not worth disputing.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 09:55:58 am »
I do the same thing take my own oil and filters and get them to service it

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 09:58:31 am »

Can't be asked to dispose of engine oil, and for the sake of £60 and my service logged stamped ,it's not worth disputing.

No me too.... hence me using alex, whos cheaper than VW and uses better oil (and hes got a stamp)  :happy2: