Make a donation

Author Topic: Apple iPhone to Android Platform  (Read 1831 times)

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Apple iPhone to Android Platform
« on: January 18, 2013, 09:01:27 am »
Morning all,

After having an iPhone for 4 years im considering going android.

Mainly because i want a bigger screen and something faster also I want a phone that can play all my content from my home network drive as my iphone doesnt play any of the formats!!

mates are saying i will regret it, but to be honest i dont use facetime, the camera, or iMessage. (whatsapp all the way!)

Ive played around with a galaxy S wifi tab when i was working for samsung, seems really fast.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Apple iPhone to Android Platform
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:07:25 am »
If you can get hold of one a nexus 4. Premium build with gorilla glass front and back, excellent battery, pure android and the best set of hardware in a phone right now. I came from an iphone 5 and love it. S3 is great too, note 2 is stunning but maybe too big if you're used to an iphone.

I had a stint with a HTC one x between the 4s and iphone 5 and it was woeful so would avoid any HTC phone after my experience.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:13:28 am »
Hi mate,

Not a fan of HTC, bad experiences with them before.

Im looking to do my upgrade this weekend, Samsung Galaxy 3 looks really good specs wise!

going to compare s3 to a nexus 4 now :D

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 09:23:50 am »
I moved from an iphone in Nov 2011 to a Samsung Galaxy Nexus - http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/ql_catalog/threecatdevice/2409?priceplan=PAY_MONTHLY&id=1230

To be perfectly honest the Nexus is an absolute sensation.

Smooth, fast, the screen is simply stunning.  I'm running Jelly Bean 4.2 and I cannot fault it.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 09:40:52 am »
If it is videos that you are trying to stream there is a free app called air play it.

I use it on my iPad and my PC converts the videos to a playable source for my iPad as I need to stream them.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 09:48:31 am »
If it is videos that you are trying to stream there is a free app called air play it.

I use it on my iPad and my PC converts the videos to a playable source for my iPad as I need to stream them.

On my iPad i use an app but the app doesnt support iphone for some reason.

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 11:11:34 am »
get the nexus 4!

i went from a galaxy nexus to a galaxy S3 to the nexus 4.

the build quality on the S3 is SHODDY! i hated it, had it for about a month and a half before getting rid. feels way too plasticky and like its gna break for a phone which is so expensive!

nexus 4 on the other hand feels like a premium device!

a must have app is XBMC, you can install plugins to stream directly from the internet and also stream directly from network shares and local files - plays ALL formats including the troublesome MKV+AAC combinations

:happy2:
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 03:05:13 pm »
Very close between the Nexus 4 and S3.

Take a look at this:
http://www.gsmarena.com/google_nexus_4_vs_samsung_galaxy_s_iii-review-864.php

I will upgrading in March and currently leaning towards the S3. The Xperia Z will be out in March and that looks good so will be between the 3 for me.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 03:48:48 pm »
Very close between the Nexus 4 and S3.

Take a look at this:
http://www.gsmarena.com/google_nexus_4_vs_samsung_galaxy_s_iii-review-864.php

I will upgrading in March and currently leaning towards the S3. The Xperia Z will be out in March and that looks good so will be between the 3 for me.

I'd hold off a month or 2 as they think s4 will be around April/may time. Have to admit I love the amoled display but android pure that you get on Google phones is a revelation. Don't know why samsubg/Sony/HTC ruin the os with their bloatware. Probably suit a ios user better being that much cleaner

Offline Kiwi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 07:05:32 pm »
If you that close to getting one, WAIT for a month or 2

The Samsung S4, will be the out and if sales of the S3 are anything to go by, then the S4 will hands down out sell any phone on the market.

Google Samsung S4 for the features.

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 07:13:32 pm »
I'm tempted by the S4 being an apple owner since 3GS but I'm getting seriously fecked off with the iPhone. My only trouble is that I'm entrenched in apple everything from iMacs MacBooks Apple TV and iCloud so I think I'm beyond help.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 08:06:12 pm »
I'm tempted by the S4 being an apple owner since 3GS but I'm getting seriously fecked off with the iPhone. My only trouble is that I'm entrenched in apple everything from iMacs MacBooks Apple TV and iCloud so I think I'm beyond help.

I'm a massive Apple advocate. And I've been tempted recently too. I'm massively deep into iTunes Match, iCloud, Mac mini etc etc and I've confessed to hating Android in the past.......

But if the S4 looks good, I still might be tempted to part with my iPhone 5.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 10:32:47 am »
Thanks for your help everyone  Ive decided to take the plunge and go for the s3  I got it for free on upgrade with loads of other free goodies  still paying same as I was before  and wow I dont regret it at all.  Really fast! Clear and customisable!