Make a donation

Author Topic: New car on the cards help  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: New car on the cards help
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 05:05:24 pm »
I'd go for a Golf R mate!! Look awesome and 4wd is awesome! :)  :happy2:

I'm biased, but this^^^^^^^ is the best option. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 05:31:22 pm »
Hi Darren, good to see u back  :happy2:
It's a pity u didn't stick around for the 59 plate S3, that's what I have and definitely a keeper especially when tuning her!!  :driver:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 07:16:02 pm »
I would have Justin but the spec on the Audi site was very high but after getting it confirmed and putting a £1k deposit on it then they emailed the details of the car to me and basically said sorry we got the detail wrong and it's not actually got much!!

I also didn't realise deep sea blue was neat black and I wanted a lighter colour car? I'd love an RS3 but just cannot stretch that far financially.

I know white is not THE colour anymore but it stuck on me. Either white or steel grey

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 08:59:38 pm »
I think I'd pick the golf r out of that list, but there is no harm in waiting for the new GTI and having a test drive before you decide, it is a big purchase. I've got to say I absolutely love the new GtI interior, as said though you are kind of venturing in to the unknown with the new platform, and no doubt there will be teething problems like on previous models, but that's what the warranty is there for !

When is the new gti due to reach the showrooms ?
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 09:47:58 pm »
If I was looking for a Pretol VAG it would be the Golf R, purely for sure footedness and performance.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 12:25:30 am »
Think I'm gonna wait till the new gti is out and see what it's like unless delivery is gonna be stupid 2 light years away to get a new car :(

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 08:50:59 am »
Think I'm gonna wait till the new gti is out and see what it's like unless delivery is gonna be stupid 2 light years away to get a new car :(

Deliveries are in the summer. But VAG are known for delays with new models. Get an order in on Mar 26th, be one of the first and you can always cancel without penalty.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 09:03:12 am »
MK7 with PP. absolute no brainer.

You'll buy a 35/R, see a MK7 and read all the reviews praising how awesome it is and hate your car. Irrational, as both are excellent... But it'll happen.

Comes with a diff, far less weight, a very fancy RenautlSport style front suspension and it'll hold it's money far better than the older car. What's not to like?

Early car niggles? Meh, it has a warranty. Tuning? Who is to say it isn't the next 'best tuneable engine ever'.

Oh, and you can still get in an M135i for £27k with discount, just sayin...  :grin:
Sideways yo!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 11:51:53 am »
I would have Justin but the spec on the Audi site was very high but after getting it confirmed and putting a £1k deposit on it then they emailed the details of the car to me and basically said sorry we got the detail wrong and it's not actually got much!!

I also didn't realise deep sea blue was neat black and I wanted a lighter colour car? I'd love an RS3 but just cannot stretch that far financially.

I know white is not THE colour anymore but it stuck on me. Either white or steel grey

That's really bad on Audi's part.
To be honest when I was looking (for ages) the Audi dealerships messed me around as well.  Can you believe they wouldn't even take me for a test drive, as they said I wasn't happy with their part ex figure for my GTi so I was wasting their time  :confused:
I just kept looking and found a private sale fully loaded ex demo car  :drool:
RS3 will be next, too expensive for me at the moment too.
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline 81lly

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 03:14:03 pm »
Good to see you back on here Darren  :smiley: I would go for the R or the S3 :happy2:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 06:34:32 pm »
I wouldnt buy the mk7 GTI new, you will get hit hard on depreciation over 2 years. Also the LSD isnt a proper mechanical diff apparently.

Get a 2 year old R  :happy2:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »
The R is a great car - has its problems though, main one for me being it attracts thieving fooking scum bags

:fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 09:06:11 pm »
The R is a great car - has its problems though, main one for me being it attracts thieving fooking scum bags

:fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

:sad1:  No joy catching the Mutha f*ckers then!