Make a donation

Author Topic: WRC tv coverage?  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: WRC tv coverage?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 11:45:47 pm »
Boom! Ta v much!  :drinking:

There's lovely!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 11:51:28 pm »
Still not on S4C until April though!!  :sad1:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 11:58:01 pm »
It's not just the lack of TV coverage though.

I can't remember the last time I read ANYTHING more than a tiny article in any newspaper or saw ANYTHING on the main sports news?? I don't know if it has anything to do with McRae and Burns departing the scene but the coverage in this country seemed to dwindle away to nothing over the years.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 10:01:11 am »
Hit the nail on the head! There's not been a front running Brit since Burns and a Frog has won it for the last 100 years so no interest. Add to that the fact that all but a couple of Manufacturers have pulled out, along with their money and here we are!

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 11:59:08 pm »
Exactly Greeners. No Brit in wrc so no reason to show it here !
It seems though , that red bull media / sportsman media group are under pressure to sort a deal out. Manufacturers see the uk as a major market.  What they need to avoid is the mistakes that the previous promoter made by putting it on ESPN.  Viewing figures plummeted when this happened. They badly need a free to air deal to help raise the profile of the sport.  As I said in the other thread the new production is very good indeed.

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 01:23:34 am »
I hate to say it, but I think it is the fact that the frog loeb has won it so many times there is no REAL competition in it and therefore sponsors, TV and the like have lost interest. :sad1:
Golf R gone.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 09:54:52 am »
I hate to say it, but I think it is the fact that the frog loeb has won it so many times there is no REAL competition in it and therefore sponsors, TV and the like have lost interest. :sad1:

But he's not competing for the Championship this year, and they have still missed one of the best rounds of the season!!  :fighting:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 10:10:53 am »
The WRCforeva channel will do me for now. But fuller TV coverage would be more appreciated. Lets hope something gets worked out.

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 12:42:02 pm »

That probably has a lot to do with it. But you have to analyse the reason why Loeb hasn't had any real competition. Drivers have increasingly had to find a big budget to pay themselves (and co-driver) and many good drivers have failed because of this. What we've seen in recent years is pay-to-drive drivers because the teams can't fund the whole season. Prodrive did this last year with the second seat for the Mini leaving Meeke (no funding) on the sideline all year.  As a result , drivers haven't had the time in the cars to learn the rallies and become faster. Also, Loeb doesn't have to worry about losing his drive if he bins it so can push a bit harder than someone who's funding their drive ?

The WRCforeva channel will do me for now. But fuller TV coverage would be more appreciated. Lets hope something gets worked out.

I think Red Bull have had Youtube to take the footage down now. Copyright ?  They have, however , put the footage on the WRC site under videos / highlights.

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 09:35:30 am »
See this is now on ITV4, was on last night 5:50pm and is repeated on Sat sometime, not seen it yet but heard it's decent coverage.

Well done ITV  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 09:56:07 am »
I think its just the standard WRC provided highlights with an ITV voiceover. No production involved for ITV, so very surprised a TV company didnt jump at the chance to show it.

Watched it last night, and it was great fun. So glad to have WRC back on the box!!

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 10:42:18 am »
WTF with someone closing the gate! :rolleye:

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 06:59:11 pm »
Well done ITV , shame we missed the first two rounds though!
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)