Make a donation

Author Topic: Tescos parking ticket.  (Read 3861 times)

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
Tescos parking ticket.
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:09:58 am »
Ok just after your thoughts on this one...

I took my 82 year old mum out to tescos yesterday for some shopping, the problem is she spent 6 weeks in hospital leading up to christmas and for the immediate future (and possibly from now on)  she requires a wheelchair for any long periods of time. After circling the parking lot to find a space big enough to take care getting her and the wheel chair out of the car there was nothing within a reasonably close distance to the entrance so i thought i'll use one of the disabled car spaces. As i was getting my mum sorted i could see the ticketing man speaking to another person and it was obvious we'd spied each other. Now it was pretty obvious and time consuming doing what i was doing but he left, and me and my mum went about our business in the shop.

So we come out about an hour later and theres the ticket stuck to the window, so again after getting mum settled in the car again i begin looking for the parking attendant to have a word and to use a bit of common sense. Needless to say he was nowhere to be seen so finding out where his office was and trying to speak with him or the manager apparently they'd all been called into a meeting and to call back in an hours time.

Back home and onto the computer to google this and there are pages and pages of this happening and reading through, the approach to use is to ignore all contact from the parking company and ride it out. Now i dont have all the information to hand but basically they have no rights to issue tickets or to collect money. They can ask for the information of who was driving but I dont have to provide this and they can threaten all sorts of proceedings but basically they have a loud bark but no bite.

Has anyone else had experiences of shopping parking tickets because at the time I wanted to see the person and just sort it out calmly and sensibly but after using the computer that approach would seem to have been the worst option and just to ignore all correspondance. So at the moment I haven't caled back.

Over to you boys, what do you reckon? 

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Tescos parking ticket.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:18:20 am »
Me and my mates have had loads of tickets from overstaying in carparks from meets. None of us ever pay.
We only pay the council ones, but private companies and private land, no chance.

But yeah just ignore any letters

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:23:46 am »
Who is the issuing body? Council . Tesco . Indy?

What a git he was for issuing it, no doubt the excuse was your not displaying disabled badge.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 07:36:49 am »
Remember, the law changes recently regarding parking tickets issued by independent bodies. Previously you could ignore it completely unless it was by the council.

Offline ConeKiller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:03:19 am »
IRRC as its not a council issued ticket they are not allowed to call it a 'fine', its a 'charge' and they cant really enforce it! Like others have said I have got 2 now and didnt pay, never heard anything else from them!

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 12:17:43 pm »
It is a speculative fine to cover potential lose of revenue, not a penalty. The ticket is issued by a private company as such it is not enforceable.

File it and forget about it. Just so you know you will receive a couple of letters threatening legal action but nothing will come of it.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 01:20:19 pm »
Indeed, and dont even reply or aknowledge receipt of the letters:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 01:50:06 pm »
 :happy2:

For the benefit of other members, this is not Legal Advice  :P
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline Peppermuncher

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 01:56:32 pm »
I had a restaurant with a car park and continuously got people parking and buggering off for an hour walk (it was in the countryside) return and drive off even though there were many signs about private car park. Spoke to the local council and consabulary and they said there is nothing I can do, if I clamped the cars they said I was taking the law into my own hands.  :fighting:

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 03:07:12 pm »
I forgot my blue badge once, went to Asda, the trolley guy decided to contact NCP who then came and gave me a ticket. When I came out and noticed the ticket it then took me about 10 seconds to see the NCP guy and the trolley guy stood beside the trolley bay smirking away so I went over and politely explained I have a blue badge but had forgotten to put it in my motability car and if he looked at my tax disc he would even see it's on disability class but he laughed and just said to pay the fine and advised me not to park there again. I felt this was extremely rude so I thought I'd make a scene. I lifted my pant to show my prosthetic and he apologised and took me to one side and said it's been issued now so nothing he can do about it but also said to ignore everything about it and nothing will ever happen from it.... Seemed it was true, I didn't even get warning letters though either!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 05:05:00 pm »
Had 2 or 3 "Parking Tickets" from non council owned "Private" car parks and not once have I paid them or ever heard from them, then again if you stick a made up number plate on your car before you leave it parked there your not gonna hear from them anyway, how about "DO02 ONE" or perhaps just remove your reg plate  :signLOL: as long as you put your correct pllate on before hitting the public road your doing no wrong. A mate of mine after having his plates stolen countless times now removes his plates every time he parks up (as long as not on a public road) this includes car parks  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

R32UK

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 11:18:31 pm »
Had 2 or 3 "Parking Tickets" from non council owned "Private" car parks and not once have I paid them or ever heard from them, then again if you stick a made up number plate on your car before you leave it parked there your not gonna hear from them anyway, how about "DO02 ONE" or perhaps just remove your reg plate  :signLOL: as long as you put your correct pllate on before hitting the public road your doing no wrong. A mate of mine after having his plates stolen countless times now removes his plates every time he parks up (as long as not on a public road) this includes car parks  :happy2:

... and tax disk  :wink:

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 12:58:13 am »
Thanks for all the replies guys, very welcome news.  :happy2:

Offline jonm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 12
    • Staffs-VW
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 07:04:46 am »
Tesco Tools..... I have a parking ticket placed on my windscreen at least 3 times a week from these guys... I always park over the white line to avoid anyone opening their doors into the car when shopping plus we all know the types of people who push their trollies between cars  :confused: I always do this in the so called quiet part of the car park to avoid any hassle with people looking for spaces...

This has been going on for the last 2 years...

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 12:10:16 pm »
Remember, the law changes recently regarding parking tickets issued by independent bodies. Previously you could ignore it completely unless it was by the council.

Yeh the law has changed and the RK is now responsible for tickets, but could just nominate someone never to heard again!

Ignore them, you still don't need to pay even with the change in law.
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"