Make a donation

Author Topic: Underseat Subs  (Read 2227 times)

ReeceH13

Underseat Subs
« on: January 20, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »
Hey all

Anyone got any experience with under seat subs, are they any good with the original head unit? (I know it depends what sub you get but just in general. Does any one know if there will be any probs fitting these under the leather recaros?

Cheers

Offline dub singh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 13
  • Snakebite Chasers...
    • Email
Re: Underseat Subs
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 09:11:46 pm »
Waste of money tbh... Better off saving the money and either upgrading your door components or getting a decent sub for the boot for those low frequencies..
If you're having Audio problems i feel bad for ya son... I've got 99 problems but Bass aint one!

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:44:22 am »
As above, upgrade the fronts to a good set of 3 ways and amp them, you will probably find it's all the bass you need unless you like to rattle your fillings out, then go for a proper sub installation in the boot.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

ReeceH13

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 09:45:16 am »
As above, upgrade the fronts to a good set of 3 ways and amp them, you will probably find it's all the bass you need unless you like to rattle your fillings out, then go for a proper sub installation in the boot.

Thanks for your replies. If I were to get a decent set of 3 way speakers, would I need an amp? Or can they be wired straight up. Proably lookint (at the mo) on a £200 budget, could I get anything for that?

Thanks

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 10:05:57 am »
You could run the 3 ways off the HU, but to drive them to their best, you would ideally have to amp them. The internal amplifiers of factory HU's are not the best, especially when it comes to producing a clean quality sound. They have a lot of post processing present in the signal.

At the price point you are talking about, you will struggle to get a good 3 way system with a decent amplifier. You could do it in steps, the speakers first and then the amplifier afterwards, I would however recommend doing it all in one go.

For a good set of 3 ways, like the Hertz ESK 163 L's, you would be looking at around £220 minimum. This is the mid range Hertz speaker. You would them also need the wiring done correctly if you didn't want to cut the factory wiring.

Hope this helps?

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members