Make a donation

Author Topic: top gear returns  (Read 12723 times)

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
Re: top gear returns
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2013, 07:46:44 am »
Where's Oli's verdict this week then?  :popcornsoda:

haha, I enjoyed it more this week, it was less about the three clowns and their pre-written humour, and more about cars, its a  :happy2: from me  :P

Still new series of 5th Gear back next week, monday at 8pm on Discovery.  And they have an ED35 in the adverts for it :smiley: :smiley:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2013, 11:58:46 am »
Brilliant episode yesterday :happy2:

Absolutely loved it, although felt a bit like a KIA advert.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2013, 05:37:33 pm »
This series is proving to be the best yet in my opinion.

Personally i get a bit bored with the stuff like the rugby as it went on for a bit too long but overall it was great.

I don't understand how on earth they got away with wrecking the pitch's hallowed turf!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2013, 05:53:32 pm »
This series is proving to be the best yet in my opinion.

Personally i get a bit bored with the stuff like the rugby as it went on for a bit too long but overall it was great.

I don't understand how on earth they got away with wrecking the pitch's hallowed turf!

Im sorry...?? This is probably the most boring series so far... Jeremy and Richard have become poor caricatures of themselves and are desperately trying to be funny.

Even the episode with the aston, LFA, Viper in america was so dull I ended up turning off. Everything is so predictable and contrived.

I think its had its day.

I get my motoring tv fix from watching Chris Harris online videos now.

Oh and Re-Twickers... they re-turf it in the offseason anyway so presume that was done prior to an already scheduled re-turf.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

PSW

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2013, 05:56:28 pm »
^^^
Would have been filmed pre-season RR when the are going to rip the turf up anyway.. Money changes hands everybody's happy then blatant sponsor banners can be seen - so bbc can get some money back etc

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2013, 06:07:18 pm »
So far another great series as far as I'm concerned.  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2013, 07:10:55 am »
I fully agree with some of the points above, it's a bit too predictable and some of the features do drag on for what seems an eternity, gap filling down to budget restrictions I'd imagine but  must admit it this series has made me laugh quite a bit more than the last one. I think it's saving grace is that it is well made, you can tell the BBC are involved whereas %th gear as good as it is just hasn't got the same quality production about it.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2013, 11:53:08 pm »
I thought TG was rubbish tonight , that old peoples car thing wasnt funny in the slightest , I wish they would do more car reviews like last weeks Astra VXR. There was sillyness in that but at least it was mixed with some facts (and some great camera work)
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline airlite200

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2013, 12:00:12 am »
Some of the staged clips are just terrible they need a fresh perspective, although when the cat came off the roof that was extremly funny but thats only because our lass was sat next to me and she's a cat lover... oops!

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2013, 08:00:00 am »
Worst top gear ever !!!   I walked away from it, there are so much great cars out there at the moment and they keep on with the same old gags !

Oh what will we do this week "I know, let's do the same thing we do every series build a car and fcup it up"
Auto record on sky switched off !!

Rant over  :smiley:
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2013, 08:19:29 am »
The old folks car I thought was quite funny in parts, BUT did it really need to be in two parts and take up half the show??? er no, too many of their stupid stunt features are far too long.

I am however really, really looking forward to the Xmas special over the next couple of weeks.

My biggest fault with it now is that it is far too predictable.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2013, 08:57:16 am »
Maybe it's time you guys stopped watching it?

Offline airlite200

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00:03 am »
The other option in our house is call the midwife so even tho topgear is becoming predictable id rather watch it then have to sit and watch period drama's sorry state of affairs if you ask me!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2013, 10:58:12 am »
Once again, I enjoyed it but I am not expecting anything other than a light hearted Sunday evening BBC2 entertainment show based around cars (or any vehicle come to that).

If anyone wants Hyper car reviews try YouTube, thousands of them in every shape, size and colour.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2013, 11:31:11 am »
I enjoyed it. Although do agree that the old folks part was too long.

Can't wait to see the 2 part  'christmas' special :party:

The other reason I enjoy Top Gear on a Sunday evening as it takes my mind of the return to work :happy2:

Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦