Make a donation

Author Topic: V6 TBD- Mk5 R32 T  (Read 124264 times)

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: V6 TBD- Mk5 R32 T
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2013, 06:51:12 pm »
Welcome Matt!  :drinking:

Will be watching this with great interest!  :happy2: And I know what you mean about the R32OC! Shame really.

Hi Greeners  :drinking:  yeah it is but I can hang with you guys at the shows etc, so all is good.  :happy2: :grin:

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 06:56:45 pm »
My wife pointed me in the direction of your build thread  :scared: ........ :love:

This is a first I think!    Intrigued!  :surprised:
Did she say " Even think about doing this to your car and I'm leaving you"  :signLOL: or " I found this thread and I'm very worried for the owners sanity "  :grin:

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2013, 07:19:59 pm »
^
Since getting the R32 last year, Ive discovered what a petrol head the wife is! After watching a few video's of supercharged R's and show visits she would defo like to get the R turbo'd at somepoint...I suggested a remap, zorst, and intake "go big or go home" was the reply  :sad1:
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:50 pm »
^
Since getting the R32 last year, Ive discovered what a petrol head the wife is! After watching a few video's of supercharged R's and show visits she would defo like to get the R turbo'd at somepoint...I suggested a remap, zorst, and intake "go big or go home" was the reply  :sad1:

Haha brilliant, say Hi to the wife and the pair of you come and introduce yourself when or if you see the car and ill take you both for a spin. Her reward for advertising my thread aswell, ill let her have a drive.   :driver:   :scared:

Offline Raffe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2013, 08:51:35 pm »
Loving this already....look forward to more pics :congrats: :happy2:

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2013, 10:30:09 pm »
Ruddy hell!

All the best with the project - got me interested straightaway with the best choice of lightweight alloys (IMHO), and can see how serious you are about this car with the bodywork - looks mean.

Subscribed to the rest of your build thread!

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2013, 11:12:14 pm »
Loving this already....look forward to more pics :congrats: :happy2:

:happy2:

Ruddy hell!

All the best with the project - got me interested straightaway with the best choice of lightweight alloys (IMHO), and can see how serious you are about this car with the bodywork - looks mean.

Subscribed to the rest of your build thread!

It's a big choice to make with wheels and there's too many to chose but I kept coming back to these. You can't do wrong with OZ's and that's my opinion. Great weight saving, love the style and colour and they won't hide my brakes. + their easy to clean.

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2013, 04:32:01 am »
Right, firstly Thanks again for the Welcome, much much more than i expected. Now id better try and keep the updates coming.......
As you know ive come to this forum late and we need to catch up but i dont really know where to start. Lets get the ICE out of the way as this part of the build is 93.6% complete....
Ive had some people question my decision to have a stereo system in this car (dont fully understand this but were allowed opinions). The car wont be a daily driver and is to be used on strip and track but will be driven to these places not trailered. I have numerous trips to Europe planned, aswell as up and down the country so i want to keep it comfortable to be in.As much as id like to listen to the engine noise theres a time and place plus the fuel economy to think of. Outside of cars my second passion is music....Their concern is the added weight in the boot and i have countered this by being able to remove it all in 10 minutes. Add to this that i can remove rear interior in 20minutes and were all good.

:worthless:

I know,i know.....

Head unit is Kenwood DNX9210BT. Ive allways been loyal to Kenwood and feel this looks pretty oem and has great spec

Dynamat was installed on the doors and then some JL Audio C5 3 ways

My original boot build was ok but was non removable and was never built to exact dimensions. JL 13.5 W7 sub will remain as will the JL XD amps until funds allow me to upgrade the amps for the HDs

So it was time for a new build and a sheet of 18mm MDF was taken into my workshop and so i started. JLs drawings in hand it was mesured and marked out, cut, machined  and primered...

Time to start putting it together

I felt i needed something else Orange on the car to tie in with my brake calipers...........

Time to undertake how its fixed into the car. More Dynamat aswell after a complete strip out

I then decided i would love an Impact Gun in the boot build as you do  :stupid:

Nows the time to test fit it all and see how it looks. Im not a big fan of the conduit but it has its protective values and also it makes the cables standout to avoid damaging them. This is how the boot will look finished as i want it for function rather than show.......

Hope this is the sort of info your all after and will keep you happy for now. I will endeavor to put some more up asap to bring you up to date before too much else happens and then i can keep it live and actual time. For now Thanks again Matt and if you have any questions - Just ask....................     :drinking:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2013, 08:15:32 am »
ooh nice install Matt :happy2:

Offline bigmig95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 50
  • I know enough to know that I don't know enough.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53191.0.html
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2013, 08:43:56 am »
Welcome Matt.  Nice to see such an adventurous project on the go.

Is there a passenger booking form going to be available  :wink:

Subscribed.   :popcornsoda:

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2013, 09:08:33 am »

It should sound better than it did previously with the correct size enclosure and it sounded pretty good before. I'm going to have to weigh it all as I'm sure just the sub weighs half a ton

Welcome Matt.  Nice to see such an adventurous project on the go.

Is there a passenger booking form going to be available  :wink:

Subscribed.   :popcornsoda:

Cheers pal. There will be no booking form I'm afraid just form an orderly Que.. Be prepared though as Carrinne (my partner) may be about to take her turn driving when you reach the front   :pomppomp:
This is my passenger face when she takes the pilots seat  :surprised:

Offline RedED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 09:11:40 pm »
Your crazy, but in  a good way.  :happy2:

Hows it coming along now?
Revo Stage2 - With Linear Throttle
Revo DSG
BCS Turboback Powervalve - This is a must.
ITG Closed Intake.. wooosh

Here to enjoy and help, with a hint of sarcasm, please do not be offended

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 09:46:20 pm »

It should sound better than it did previously with the correct size enclosure and it sounded pretty good before. I'm going to have to weigh it all as I'm sure just the sub weighs half a ton

when i took my ground zero nuclear sub out of my car it wieghed 3.5 stone :signLOL:

Offline dub singh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 13
  • Snakebite Chasers...
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 11:29:59 pm »
Lovely work with the Car so far!  :happy2:

Curious as to what you think of the JL audio components? I've been through a range of different components and C5's were next on the list... Tough choice between them and the Hertz high energies..

Also glad you went ported with the sub.. Most people tend to go sealed with JL audio subs..  :sad1:

If you're having Audio problems i feel bad for ya son... I've got 99 problems but Bass aint one!

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2013, 07:58:59 pm »
Your crazy, but in  a good way.  :happy2:

Hows it coming along now?

Thanks for the compliment!
It's not, I'm waiting for the paint samples and I'm stacked at work which is holding me up at the mo.

Lovely work with the Car so far!  :happy2:

Curious as to what you think of the JL audio components? I've been through a range of different components and C5's were next on the list... Tough choice between them and the Hertz high energies..

Also glad you went ported with the sub.. Most people tend to go sealed with JL audio subs..  :sad1:

Cheers, yeah I'm really pleased with them over all ranges but I'm running the XD amps and I would like to upgrade to the HDs at some point. But I've heard good things about the Hertz as well. I think their put off by the size  the box has to be but if its worth doing...........