Make a donation

Author Topic: V6 TBD- Mk5 R32 T  (Read 124139 times)

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: V6 TBD- Mk5 R32 T
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2013, 09:27:00 pm »
Tickets are booked for GTI International......... Yay, my first show of the Year!

and the bad news is the car won't be ready.  :sad1:
Always a good show though and should be even better at Avon Park.......  :smiley:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2013, 02:16:39 pm »
Tickets are booked for GTI International......... Yay, my first show of the Year!

Always a good show though and should be even better at Avon Park.......  :smiley:

Matt...I got excited after reading the 1st line...and then deflated after reading the 2nd :laugh:

Would have been great to see the beast there :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:28 pm »

Matt...I got excited after reading the 1st line...and then deflated after reading the 2nd :laugh:

Would have been great to see the beast there :happy2:

Would have been great to have it there  :sad1:

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: June 04, 2013, 09:31:06 pm »
Big Thanks to Dave B for sorting out some more parts for me. As I have said to him, I'm as excited about the brake set up he's configured for me as I am the engine ( almost ) . We're lucky Dave see the potential in this build and has gone way beyond just calipers, discs and pads and sorted lightweight hubs, arms, updated bearings and more.
More on this nearer the time but he contacted me with some pics of other parts he's acquired and has had stored at his house for me ( for a while)...
Anyways not long now and a huge, huge Thanks for all your effort Dave...

The new driveshafts.... 10mm longer, very uprated as you can see how chunky they are. VWR cup cars run these and they should cope better with the extra power

TTRS steering rack..... Much lighter than OEM and has fewer turns lock too lock

Offline Action jackson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #229 on: June 06, 2013, 07:11:45 pm »
What can I say,epic. One hell of a car

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2013, 09:55:25 am »
So the car was to be painted today but after a shocking week and a new born keeping Lyle ( painter ) awake all night the decision is to postpone.
Car is put back together, prepped and pointing at the oven doors so its not all bad. No point at all in rushing it now. Bumpers are to be painted today instead so its still progress.
I will put some more pics up later when I have 5 mins

This car is showing no signs of any great speed at present........

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2013, 11:46:01 am »
its getting there mate :congrats:

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: June 08, 2013, 01:33:57 pm »
its getting there mate :congrats:

It's so close its becoming scary. All the hard work this year leaves next year to play  :innocent:

Offline callis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2013, 02:41:56 pm »
Your a very brave man matt, looks good and i wish you all the best :)

Every time i look at this build thread, i can feel my bank manager squirming in his seat  :laugh:
05 GTI 5 Door, sunroof, met paint, 18" monza, Leather Anthacite, front centre armrest, xenon headlights, Lux pack 2, Sensors, Winter Pack.

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2013, 10:10:01 pm »
Your a very brave man matt, looks good and i wish you all the best :)

Every time i look at this build thread, i can feel my bank manager squirming in his seat  :laugh:

Nothing brave about it..... It's only a car  :wink:
Why your bank manager? Thinking about buying it from me when done  :drinking:

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2013, 10:40:16 pm »
More pics as promised

Offline Action jackson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2013, 09:22:18 am »
Woah woah there matt, slow your roll big fella, I have dibs on this :laugh:  it's starting to come together so well, I can't wait to see this painted, what wheels are you going for!

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2013, 07:06:09 pm »
Woah woah there matt, slow your roll big fella, I have dibs on this :laugh:  it's starting to come together so well, I can't wait to see this painted, what wheels are you going for!

Haha, you may not like it when finished and not want it so keeping my options open.....
I'm going with the OZ Ultraleggera's in Matt black which are on the car in earlier pics. Their light weight, not too showie offie, easy to clean and will show the brakes and help cool them down. Of course you can change these once its yours  :wink:
Original Omynants are thrown on just while its painted and its one of the things I'm excited about changing. Look forward to seeing it painted with the windows in and correct wheels on.....
Surely not long now    :surprised:

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2013, 08:10:51 pm »

Haha, you may not like it when finished and not want it so keeping my options open.....
I'm going with the OZ Ultraleggera's in Matt black which are on the car in earlier pics. Their light weight, not too showie offie, easy to clean and will show the brakes and help cool them down. Of course you can change these once its yours  :wink:
Original Omynants are thrown on just while its painted and its one of the things I'm excited about changing. Look forward to seeing it painted with the windows in and correct wheels on.....

Fantastic! Can't fault your choice in wheels - had a set on my old mkiv. So lightweight, very rare compared to all the BBS stuff, but were an absolute pain in the rear to clean after a trackday - all the pad material just burnt into the corners on the spokes.
Love this build though - the mk5 R32 VW should have built!  :congrats:

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline MattR32T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2013, 08:29:25 pm »

Fantastic! Can't fault your choice in wheels - had a set on my old mkiv. So lightweight, very rare compared to all the BBS stuff, but were an absolute pain in the rear to clean after a trackday - all the pad material just burnt into the corners on the spokes.
Love this build though - the mk5 R32 VW should have built!  :congrats:

Cheers Dave, really appreciate your words  :happy2: