Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone got this?  (Read 1020 times)

ReeceH13

Anyone got this?
« on: January 20, 2013, 02:23:49 pm »
Hey all,

Does anyone have this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK5-FUEL-FLAP-BOMBING-DECAL-STICKER-GTI-TDI-R32-GT-SPORT-/200879519377?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec55a3691

or anything similar on their fuel cap. Think they would look cool but not 100% sure... Thoughts

:happy2:

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Anyone got this?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:26:57 pm »
Not for me...
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:29:12 pm »
Dear God NO! :sick:
'07 Red manual

ReeceH13

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 02:31:23 pm »
HA-HA, just sitting here snowed in looking at Decals on E-bay and that popped up.  :laugh:

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 02:31:54 pm »
Not my cup f tea but I'm sure I've seen either a white mk5 or Leon with the fuel cap done with a coloured one

AA

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 02:32:42 pm »
Not interested in stickerbumming at all

ReeceH13

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 02:33:19 pm »
Does anyone know why people have 'TOW' on their bumpers too? Is this for track days or? The TOO LOUD decal I like too but that is for JDM cars I think, might look out of place?  :popcornsoda:

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 02:37:18 pm »
Tow is basically pointing out where the towing eye is/goes.. Mainly people put it on track toys to help recovery if they need it

ReeceH13

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 02:38:32 pm »
Ah right thanks, thought so. Won't need this for Santa Pod when I go *touch wood*

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 03:03:28 pm »
Had one very similar on my T4 cap, but I could get away with it on that. Wouldn't dream of it on a GTI, but ETTO.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 03:26:30 pm »

Tow is basically pointing out where the towing eye is/goes.. Mainly people put it on track toys to help recovery if they need it

....Some circuits or trackday organisers won't let you on track unless you have both front and rear tow-eyes fitted and it helps an emergency crew 'rescue' your car if needed.

It's a good idea to do all you can to make any emergency crew's job as easy and fast as possible otherwise they'll just do it and don't care about any damage.

Race cars have to have the TOW stickers - It all helps the emergency crews and marshalls and could reduce further damage to a car. It's a no-brainer.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

ReeceH13

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 03:40:11 pm »
Thanks Robin,

So it may not be a bad idea to buy a TOW sticker from the bay just in case. Well my car isn't a race car but anything to improve safety right!

Don't know where I would fit the front 'TOW' sticker on the front as I don't have your style fog grills R. although the tow eye fitted at the back and front may be enough I imagine...

Now how to fit the rear tow eye......

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 03:49:45 pm »

Thanks Robin,

So it may not be a bad idea to buy a TOW sticker from the bay just in case. Well my car isn't a race car but anything to improve safety right!

Don't know where I would fit the front 'TOW' sticker on the front as I don't have your style fog grills R. although the tow eye fitted at the back and front may be enough I imagine...

Now how to fit the rear tow eye......

....I wasn't suggesting the need for a TOW sticker other than for trackdays. But I suppose they would help any emergency crew although breakdown guys don't need to be in quite the same hurry as track marshals etc.

There should be one tow-eye bar supplied in your boot (Mk5 GTI) - They are threaded and screw anti-clockwise into a female fixed point. On the standard OEM Golfs you have to remove the front fog panel to access it and open a small flap on the rear exhaust trim panel.

Mine are all carbonfibre, fixed panels and cut and stickered with the tow-eyes fitted front and back. VW Racing generously gave me a second tow-eye. I don't manage to afford to trackday as often as I'd like nowadays but my car is ready for the next time anyway.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

ReeceH13

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 03:56:00 pm »
Ok cool, I am going Santa Pod in late Feb, might get one, better safe than sorry! (Is Santa Pod even a track day, the 1/4 mile lol)

Yeah I have one for the rear but not the front, may invest in another if ness.

Thanks  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 04:05:45 pm »

Ok cool, I am going Santa Pod in late Feb, might get one, better safe than sorry! (Is Santa Pod even a track day, the 1/4 mile lol)

Yeah I have one for the rear but not the front, may invest in another if ness.

Thanks  :happy2:

....The same tow-eye fits both front and rear.

No, Santa Pod isn't a trackday as such but there are safety rules of course.

If your engine died on the Start line they'd just push you off to the area at the back. If you had an incident part way down the quarter-mile it would probably need more than a simple tow would provide! There aren't many serious incidents there to my knowledge.