Make a donation

Author Topic: a harsh lesson  (Read 15810 times)

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Re: a harsh lesson
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2013, 05:59:45 pm »
Stopped supplying the chocolate one now.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2013, 09:19:40 pm »
i guarantee that if you went to your local main dealer and asked them to check the cam follower for wear they would look at you as if you were talking marshon !

i asked my dealer for a price to check it , said he never heard of that part before then came back with a price of £150 !
lol lol

Yes, my local, dealer said the same thing, they have never changed one.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2013, 12:50:50 am »
So here's where I'm at. I've just been offered on what I think is a great deal in an ed30 lump fitted. Instead of going down the repair route I'm going to bite the bullet and just swap the whole thing. Thanks to all who have given advice and helped me out in this situation. At the end of the day i think it will be better in the long run. At least the whole situation has given others insight of what can go wrong and how to avoid the same happening to them. Once again thanks guys

Wow, didn't expect that Gaz, but I must say I think you'll be faster and safer with the ED30 power plant. :happy2:

I gather the WMI and hybrid K04 will be staying?
Golf R gone.

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »
Careful we aren't jumping from one extreme to another in this page. One minute: PANIC, next minute: DON'T WORRY.

Best advice is if your running big power, check it every 5-10k. Stock, every 40-50k sounds sensible.

It's a cheap part and for the peace of mind and to reduce the risk of big bills it's certainly worth keeping an eye on .

Sensible??  :smiley:

Sounds spot on to me  :congrats:

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2013, 07:19:19 pm »
So here's where I'm at. I've just been offered on what I think is a great deal in an ed30 lump fitted. Instead of going down the repair route I'm going to bite the bullet and just swap the whole thing. Thanks to all who have given advice and helped me out in this situation. At the end of the day i think it will be better in the long run. At least the whole situation has given others insight of what can go wrong and how to avoid the same happening to them. Once again thanks guys

Wow, didn't expect that Gaz, but I must say I think you'll be faster and safer with the ED30 power plant. :happy2:

yes mate. Hybrid and wmi is staying

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2013, 09:06:45 pm »

yes mate. Hybrid and wmi is staying

Hooyaaaa!

Should be good at Inters this year then! :happy2:
Golf R gone.