Make a donation

Author Topic: Car Wrap?  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Mr Savage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Car Wrap?
« on: January 13, 2013, 09:27:24 pm »
Hey all,

Anyone tried wrapping their car? Or part of it. I'm considering wrapping the roof and mirrors in carbon fibre effect but no idea if their are any places in the Midlands to get it done. Might attempt it myself!

Cheers,

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Car Wrap?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:40:44 pm »
The mirrors are a right pain to wrap, let alone in C/F effect vinyl which can look sh*te as the pretend weave pattern just won't flow around the contours well. Gloss Black, yes.

Personally I wouldn't bother wrapping mirror caps, just buy ones in the colour you want (as cheap as £29.99 from eBay ready painted in any colour) or get real C/F ones ie the OSIR ones, not cheap though.
The roof is a 2 man job and due to te size is hard to do and do well. Usually cost £150-£200+ for the roof and about £20+ per mirror cap.

Loads of places that will do this, I'm not in your neck of the woods so let google be your friend.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:17:25 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline ryan11

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 10:00:17 pm »
You can try Russ at Midlands car care. I dont know if he will do it yet but he is learning to wrap cars - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=292407

Offline Mr Savage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 11:16:18 pm »
Yeah found one in Mansfield which looks quite decent. Funny thing is i'm looking for an R32 at the moment but none available in Candy White or Tornado Red, knowing my luck i'll start spending money on my Golf and then the day after a stunning example will become available.

Guessing it shouldn't be too pricey for just roof and mirrors though!

:signLOL: