Make a donation

Author Topic: New engine decision time!  (Read 7511 times)

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
Re: New engine decision time!
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2013, 09:25:03 pm »
Surely something could have just got hot on the track day, and something let go, maybe something had an inherit problem from the factory, that just made itself known after a hard sesh!?
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2013, 09:53:40 pm »
good find that rubber toe! :happy2:

My car was at 60k miles when this happened. Also I bought the car used so it's always a mystery how the car was looked after

Thanks
Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:51 am »
HI Guys,

I contacted www.idealengines.co.uk and they seem like a honest company to deal with. They gave me a quote on the engine bu now they want surcharge of 200 quid refundable once I send them my old engine (they will pick up postage cost). Is it a normal practice / legal protocol that they have the old engine?.
They also agreed to paypal payment.

Let me know if anybody had any experience with them

Thanks
Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline Northerner

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 12:05:16 pm »
Quite a lot of track cars run baffled sumps to help prevent oil surge.

e.g. If you have a long left-hander the oil will more to the right-hand side of the sump and may potentially lead to starvation and BOOM!

These are the baffled sumps I make for the 1.8T engine:

Cant do them for the TFSi's though.  No room, but I can convert them to the 1.8T oil pump.

I can vouch for this great piece of kit as I have one on my track mini. IHMO - Anyone who takes their car onto a track on a regular basis needs to think about a baffled or dry sump setup. Otherwise, its a gamble on the engine going pop.