Make a donation

Author Topic: Spacers  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Spacers
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:33:51 pm »
Hopefully should have a Porsche NQSBBK soon and I'm sure I will need some spacers for my Monza 2’s.

So I am thinking of getting some 10mm spacers for the front and at the same time want to get some for the rear. I have done some reading and it seems like the smaller spacers might not fit flush on the rear. So I was thinking about getting some 20mm spacers for the rear.

So these will be for functionality (front) and looks.

I have seen some Bimecc spacers on the bay. Would these be ok? Anyone running these, what do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300502834651?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290510683052?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
Re: Spacers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:46:21 pm »
10mm spacers will fit fine on the rear, I have them on mine  :happy2:

There are differences to the front and rear spacers though, I use H&R Trak+ spacers and they list a version 'A' and version 'B' for the front and rear, I don't remember off the top of my head which one is for the front and which the rear though lol

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 04:10:25 pm »
10mm spacers will fit fine on the rear, I have them on mine  :happy2:

There are differences to the front and rear spacers though, I use H&R Trak+ spacers and they list a version 'A' and version 'B' for the front and rear, I don't remember off the top of my head which one is for the front and which the rear though lol

H&R 10mm spacer is the same for front and back. The A and B refer to alloy (silver) and black colour respectively.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 05:18:25 pm »
10mm spacers will fit fine on the rear, I have them on mine  :happy2:

H&R 10mm spacer is the same for front and back. The A and B refer to alloy (silver) and black colour respectively.

For the H&R range the suffix 'SW' denotes black finish as opposed to aliminum

For my application (20mm Trak+) so 10mm each side hub centric there are 2 versions as I have 1 of each on the car  :smiley:

'2055571B is for front axle fitment whilst '2055571A' is for rear axle fitment only... :wink:

Edit: just been and got my knees and fingers dirty for the cause...fronts are 'B' and rears 'A', something to do with hub height and radius differences between the front and rear iirc
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:44:32 pm by Beddie »

Offline brough74

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 05:56:22 pm »
Be careful with the bimecc spacers as the 10mm ive ordered were infact 12mm, they said thats how they come.
PEARL DIAMOND BLACK 3dr GTI
HEATED LEATHER,MULTI FUNCTION WHEEL,
18” MONZA ALLOYS, XENON HEADLIGHTS, FLAT TYRE INDICATOR
LUX PACK AND WINTER PACK
SHARAN AERIAL, GTI TAX DISC HOLDER, R32 REAR LIGHTS
VW RACING FRONT SPOILER

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 06:07:35 pm »
Ive got H and R 8mm hub centric on my Glendale 19" on my ED35.  Is it advisable to do the rear if you've done the front, to even it out?
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 07:12:48 pm »
Ive got H and R 8mm hub centric on my Glendale 19" on my ED35.  Is it advisable to do the rear if you've done the front, to even it out?

Its not a must do, but I would just for the aesthetics and the fact that there is a rule of thumb that increasing the front track width in relation to the rear will promote more oversteer just as increasing the rear track alone will induce understeer, but tbh I can't see 8mm making a noticeable difference in a daily driver
Id go for rear spacers just for the looks and to keep the track the same as oem  :smiley:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 07:19:01 pm »

Its not a must do, but I would just for the aesthetics and the fact that there is a rule of thumb that increasing the front track width in relation to the rear will promote more oversteer just as increasing the rear track alone will induce understeer, but tbh I can't see 8mm making a noticeable difference in a daily driver
Id go for rear spacers just for the looks and to keep the track the same as oem  :smiley:

Thanks, thats what I was thinking
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental