Offline trash116

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Snooper
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:39:10 pm »
Do any of you have/use a snooper or one of the other makes?

If so which do you recommend, and are they any good?

Cheers

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: Snooper
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 08:58:09 pm »
Sorry to sound stupid  :stupid:

Snooper?

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:01:48 pm »
Speed camera detector thing?

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline trash116

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 09:02:15 pm »
Sorry, those speed camera/radar/laser detectors

Offline Carpy25

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:30:52 pm »
I have used a bell euro 660 (number may be wrong ) found it very good when not in cities as it picks up cct cameras that auto track and auto door sensors on shop etc that can be a pain as its going off all the time it only picks up Gatos's that are working bleep gets faster and louder till you get into danger zone

bell also own most of the radar technology and license it out to people like snooper and others

Rob

Offline Conrad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 08:17:52 am »
I recently got a snooper 3zero, it's good as in it picks up all fixed speed cameras so far but as rob said mine also picks up loads of false alerts in towns. Haven't seen a mobile speed trap yet so cant comment on that but even for fixed speed cameras I think its worth it. I have a tom tom with added speed camera package much better than that imo.

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 09:19:42 am »
I've had a Snooper S4 Evo and the S100RLD for years.  The S4 on it's own does GPS and Laser, the RLD fits under the bonnet and does radar and additional laser, though I've not fitted it to my new GTi. 

It's always been pretty good, the radar attachment allows the unit to tell you if the Gatso is really working or if it's a fake/turned off etc.  The only problem is it's quite old now and really slow to pick up satellites when you switch it on.

I'm tempted to change it for the Snooper 3Zero as it does GPS, laser and radar all in one unit. 

I'd say I'm a safe driver and don't speed in particularly in built up areas, it's just nice to know there is some warning just in case you mess up and miss that camera.   What's also handy is the GPS speed reading... it shows the true speed of your car which is slower than the reading on your speedo so on motorways I drive to the GPS speed not the speedo speed.
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • vRS blog on Pistonheads
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 07:46:57 pm »
I had a snooper s4 hardwired in to my gti, worked great and could be set to only bleep if you were passing a camera AND were exceeding the limit so no false alerts, tbh though i think this sort of functionality is now superseeded by tomtom/garmin portable navs.  I sold mine when i got a decent nav system.

My vrs has factory nav so i've lost the speed camera alerts but i've never felt the need to get another snooper - if you can't spot a bright yellow box at the side of the road you deserve to be caught/fined and if you're caught out by a mobile unit then that's just unlucky and no alerts/warnings would be any use to you in that situation.

2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311