Make a donation

Author Topic: Help required in Birmingham area on 2nd feb!  (Read 565 times)

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Help required in Birmingham area on 2nd feb!
« on: January 25, 2013, 10:47:55 pm »
Sorry mods if this is in the wrong section  :ashamed:

Basically me and another forum member want to swap our exhausts over, mines a bcs system and his is an oem gti exhaust. We both don't really know what we are doing and would be eternally grateful if someone could meet us and help us out on Saturday 2nd feb in the north field / broms grove area.

Obviously if someone is kind enough to help out it would be beneficial to them financially  :drinking:

Please send me a pm if your willing to help!  :happy2:

Offline nath

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Help required in Birmingham area on 2nd feb!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 03:43:02 pm »
Have you thought about asking a local tyre / exhaust garage , as you will probably need ramps anyway !  And prob won,t charge that much . :happy2:

Offline john a

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 11
    • The Veneers Cover Band
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:54:35 pm »
If you are going to have a bash yourself there's a DIY garage in Bromsgrove but I know of an identical job been done recently for £80.

Offline GTI-Pirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:19:04 pm »
I might be willing to help out. It would be a good opportunity to meet people from the forum!

Had the full exhaust system off mine on Thursday (Pre-cat Removal) and back on with no leaks. I'll admit that I was planning to fit a Milltek Cat-back. The issue I had was brand new silencer and used back-box (had been clamped so wouldn't fit together). I bought an exhaust expander and now the two fit together fine.

They WILL be on the car Monday!  :happy2:

So a little experience.

The only thing I will say is; can you get it off the ground? I used a 4-poster lift at work, which made the job tolerable. It might be tricky on axle stands! Although I did re-join the center sections of a MK3 this way when I pulled it off on a high speed-bump.

Good luck

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm in Rednal.

2017 Audi S4