Make a donation

Author Topic: silly pc world, advice appreciated  (Read 7790 times)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: silly pc world, advice appreciated
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 07:26:17 pm »
I suspect they didn't actually install the specific BT drivers but instead relied on win7 inbuilt drivers.

Do you know what BT card is installed? There should be a sticker for it on the underside of your laptop though you may need to google the numbers. Alternatively look on the Sony website for your laptop model, see what BT card is installed and see if there have win 7 drivers on Sony site or on the web.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 07:33:31 pm »
I suspect they didn't actually install the specific BT drivers but instead relied on win7 inbuilt drivers.

Do you know what BT card is installed? There should be a sticker for it on the underside of your laptop though you may need to google the numbers. Alternatively look on the Sony website for your laptop model, see what BT card is installed and see if there have win 7 drivers on Sony site or on the web.
i will give that a go, thanks for your help, you never know it may work

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 07:37:20 pm »

richwig grow up and get a life

Got one thanks.

Can you 'get' some grammar lessons please?
richwig when i am typing 2000 words or so i dont care about grammer, this is a chat forum not a phd forum, a relaxed forum with the occasional silly person who contributes noting like yourself.
your matrix style picture is old news and is as tedious as your input, all you do is come into a discussion and try to disrupt it when genuine people are trying to help each other, if you carry this on i will be reporting you for trying to cause trouble, now please go away and play with your lego,

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=e8lipbn650u81rtmnbmte4sjb9&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 07:40:49 pm »
Sorry, I cant understand that.

Does your keyboard not have one of these . on it??

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 07:41:40 pm »
Yeah get a life Rich.  :laugh:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 07:50:43 pm »
I reckon the solution is not to write 2000 words. That's not 'chat' mate, that's a dissertation.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=e8lipbn650u81rtmnbmte4sjb9&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 07:53:04 pm »
Speaking of Lego. We were making Lego the other night at a house party. Great fun!  :happy2:

Offline majinvash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Eat, Sleep, Snowboard
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 08:11:25 pm »
Inane question.

This Vaio, does it actually have bluetooth on it?

Just cos the keyboard has the image, doesn't mean jack.

If this laptop was designed for W8 onwards there is a good chance that sony didnt install a bluetooth card into the chassis.

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 10:26:52 pm »
Inane question.

This Vaio, does it actually have bluetooth on it?

Just cos the keyboard has the image, doesn't mean jack.

If this laptop was designed for W8 onwards there is a good chance that sony didnt install a bluetooth card into the chassis.
yeah it has bluetooth def

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 10:29:02 pm »
bluetooth might be built into the wifi card, which card does it have?

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 11:46:28 pm »
Id still suspect you can get win7 to enable the bluetooth with the right drivers, however coming from a different angle...

why not ditch bluetooth and connect to your printer wirelessly?

something like this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PS310U-Single-USB2-0-Storage/dp/B002LB8XFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359502899&sr=8-1
has worked for me for a printer that didnt have built in wireless.

just a thought
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 01:17:25 pm »
cheers guys, will try today to update the bluetooth drivers directly from the model number on the sony web site.
not keen on the wireless additional part, the laptop was £700 and shouldnt need me to add things on to it externally to make it work, also not having bluetooth - period - is not great.
if i cant update myself and pc world cant fix the bluetooth they will refund the whole lot, i will then buy the strongest w7 laptop i can find on the web

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 01:36:50 pm »
Since upgrading my Sony Vaio laptop to Win8, I have a devils job seeing my NAS and also get recurring WiFi dropouts; all Win7 Laptops/PC's + PS3 + iPad + TV are fine and dandy.  
I've tried lots of "fixes" on the web, but it just isn't playing ball... got to be software NIC related.
I have a full copy of Win7 Ultimate, so it may just go back on.
Perhaps if you can't find a solution tell them to whack Win7 on it and you'll be happy.

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 01:54:11 pm »
Since upgrading my Sony Vaio laptop to Win8, I have a devils job seeing my NAS and also get recurring WiFi dropouts; all Win7 Laptops/PC's + PS3 + iPad + TV are fine and dandy.  
I've tried lots of "fixes" on the web, but it just isn't playing ball... got to be software NIC related.
I have a full copy of Win7 Ultimate, so it may just go back on.
Perhaps if you can't find a solution tell them to whack Win7 on it and you'll be happy.
i have windows 7 on it just now, that is where the new problems are lying,
as said earlier it came with w8 and have lots of probs with adobe, etc etc etc and it is not bluetooth dongle supportive so put w7 on it and the bluetooth internal chip will not work now, according to sony i have no back up from them as if you change the opp system on one of their comps they will wash their hands of you.
it would seem from my problems and your problems that if you change a pc to w8, or a w8 pc back to w7 it just doesnt work properly no matter what you do.
this is why i thinking to get the refund and buy the strongest w7 laptop i can find.
i paid £700 for the viao so i am thinking that will buy me a good / fast w7 machine as they must be a lot cheaper now due to w8 launch.

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 02:38:48 pm »
Sorry,haven't got much to say about the problem,but feck me,I'm glad my laptop is only just over a year old and running Win7!
I have heard of these sort of problems with win8 and I'll be perfectly honest,that if my laptop died and I had to buy a new one,I would be seriously looking at an AppleMac.
In my view,I think it's hugely arrogant of MS to expect the software companies to play catchup with their OS,because they have made it such a different system from the previous versions and didn't give the software makers a chance to adapt thier products.
Smacks of the old MS bigboy bullying tactics again. :fighting: