Make a donation

Author Topic: silly pc world, advice appreciated  (Read 7769 times)

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Re: silly pc world, advice appreciated
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 01:33:06 am »
001010111010001111110101010000001010111010001111110101010000001010111010001111110101010000001010111010001111110101010000
:fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 01:48:01 am »
This entire thread hurts my face to read.

emm dont read it then  :stupid:

I read it to try and help. But i will, in future, not bother.

Offline Stumpey

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Sunbury Weather
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 10:59:09 am »
Lesson 1: Dont listen to PC World.
Lesson 2: Dont listen to PC World.
Lesson 3: Install W8 and update your printer. I had to do it with OSX on a number of occasions. Its called a HCL.
my printer is a 3 in 1 and is supperb quality so wont be changing it.
and w8 has so many compatability problems with regards to adobe, acrobat, dongles, media player etc etc etc.
i know pc world aint great but i bought from them due to the 24/7 tech support
they didnt tell me about the downgrade problems as they simply didnt know about them due to their limited knowledge of w8, i had to educate them as to the fact that w8 does not prompt you to make a back up disc and they told me thanks for the advice and they would inform their staff  :confused:
so i know they are bad sometimes but their 24/7 tech support for a tenner a month is pretty good,
do you think they should accept responsibility for this problem for advising me on one of their products incorrectly ?

Printers are disposable items.

Printers are not disposable when your network printers cost you £2,500 a pop, a new MS system is always a problem for IT techs and causes a lot of grey hairs and swearing.........

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 11:23:40 am »
Lesson 1: Dont listen to PC World.
Lesson 2: Dont listen to PC World.
Lesson 3: Install W8 and update your printer. I had to do it with OSX on a number of occasions. Its called a HCL.
my printer is a 3 in 1 and is supperb quality so wont be changing it.
and w8 has so many compatability problems with regards to adobe, acrobat, dongles, media player etc etc etc.
i know pc world aint great but i bought from them due to the 24/7 tech support
they didnt tell me about the downgrade problems as they simply didnt know about them due to their limited knowledge of w8, i had to educate them as to the fact that w8 does not prompt you to make a back up disc and they told me thanks for the advice and they would inform their staff  :confused:
so i know they are bad sometimes but their 24/7 tech support for a tenner a month is pretty good,
do you think they should accept responsibility for this problem for advising me on one of their products incorrectly ?

Printers are disposable items.

Printers are not disposable when your network printers cost you £2,500 a pop, a new MS system is always a problem for IT techs and causes a lot of grey hairs and swearing.........

We arent talking network printers. We are talking sh*tty home desktop inkjets. And in most cases, driver compatiblity for network printers is much better with far better business support.

And ours cost way more than that, Xerox MFDs as big as a greenhouse. In our case, we just use the latest Xerox Global PCL/PS drivers for everything.

Offline Stumpey

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Sunbury Weather
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 11:31:09 am »
Agreed better support for network printers, but its not just the printers its all the other stuff that gets attached to PC's etc like card readers, barcode printers to name but two !! always take a bit longer before the new drivers appear.

Offline Neiltdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 8
  • Full Hex+CAN
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 11:40:35 am »
computer bitches
Full Hex+CAN in Hampshire.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 11:53:01 am »
computer bitches

Lol, I have to say, this is probably the most boring thread I have ever had the misfortune to read.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 12:34:06 pm »
How dare you say one of scotts threads are boring, they all pan out like a great book with drama, fights, lovers tiffs and fireworks.
Tyre and MPG threads! now your talking sleep time..  :indifferent:

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2013, 12:48:38 pm »
How dare you say one of scotts threads are boring, they all pan out like a great book with drama, fights, lovers tiffs and fireworks.
sorry about that top cat, i thought the random chat area was for actual random chat, as usual drama only comes into it when certain people have nothing better to do than bump their gums just so they can be heard.
as a moderator im sure that wouldnt include yourself now !

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2013, 01:31:04 pm »
sorry about that top cat, i thought the random chat area was for actual random chat, as usual drama only comes into it when certain people have nothing better to do than bump their gums just so they can be heard.
as a moderator im sure that wouldnt include yourself now !

Scott instead of just acting like a victim, please take a look at how all your threads go and why. Looking at how you post will solve your issues .  :wink:
Yes lots of people jump on you when you are actually innocently just being yourself, talking about things, but the way you post and the amount winds people up unfortunately.
Surely for your own health it would be better if you just found another place to talk and chat. Where people will ultimately respect you more.   :drinking:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2013, 02:48:03 pm »
It takes two to tango, so why is it that I don't seem to have any serious problems with Scott's posts (other than punctuation which he has actually improved a bit)?

We each have a choice not to bother to join in a discussion if we are either bored or irritated by it. But why do some folks here allow themselves to get so wound up by Scott? It's a bit like a school playground sometimes. It can be quite entertaining though!  :grin: But it winds him up.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2013, 03:14:22 pm »
well said red thank you for proving there IS actually nice people on here ( most members are )
yeah i know my typing sucks, just lazyness tbh
to save more agro i will pm topcat personally.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2013, 04:57:10 pm »
It takes two to tango, so why is it that I don't seem to have any serious problems with Scott's posts.

There are no serious problems apart from windows 8. I know of at least 641 maybe even 642 members who after the 4th and 5th page of Scotts threads lose the will to live. Unless we give him a lobotomy it isn't going to change. So with this in mind, please pass me the hand drill and hold his legs for me.  :fighting2:
Can i also add i dont have a problem with his Grammar.( apart from the lack of capital letter in his first word ) for some reason that gets me.  :scared:

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2013, 05:10:23 pm »
It takes two to tango, so why is it that I don't seem to have any serious problems with Scott's posts.

There are no serious problems apart from windows 8. I know of at least 641 maybe even 642 members who after the 4th and 5th page of Scotts threads lose the will to live. Unless we give him a lobotomy it isn't going to change. So with this in mind, please pass me the hand drill and hold his legs for me.  :fighting2:
Can i also add i dont have a problem with his Grammar.( apart from the lack of capital letter in his first word ) for some reason that gets me.  :scared:

why?  can't see a problem myself............

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2013, 05:18:23 pm »

why?  can't see a problem myself...........

Ah! Sir has joined us!. What have you been up to stranger ?. Are you still taping car parts back on of a weekend for KPM.  :happy2: