Make a donation

Author Topic: silly pc world, advice appreciated  (Read 7754 times)

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Re: silly pc world, advice appreciated
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2013, 05:44:24 pm »
It takes two to tango, so why is it that I don't seem to have any serious problems with Scott's posts.

There are no serious problems apart from windows 8. I know of at least 641 maybe even 642 members who after the 4th and 5th page of Scotts threads lose the will to live. Unless we give him a lobotomy it isn't going to change. So with this in mind, please pass me the hand drill and hold his legs for me.  :fighting2:
Can i also add i dont have a problem with his Grammar.( apart from the lack of capital letter in his first word ) for some reason that gets me.  :scared:

people are free to read whatever they wish topcat - yourself included sir
most of the larger answers on this thread where directed to one specific member whom i was in a conversation with before a few people came in and started saying like a drunk person ((( whats all this pissssh man ))) and bumping their gums.
can we not as members just get along with one another and stop picking fights with silly little comments.
there are hundreds and hundreds of threads on this site and i think some people just comment on anything that is new.
it must be like, oh there is a new thread - is it one of my buddies - no,,, im gonna stir things up as usual !!!   pretty sad really
it stops people random chatting in fear of getting slated by the playground gang, these forums are meant to be about helping each other out as enthuisiastic owners of the mk5 gti,,, HELPING EACH OTHER, not slagging each other off.
 personally i think most members on this site are very nice indeed whom i enjoy having a conversation with about ALL topics.
if the topics are not meeting the approval of the people upstairs then let it be known and set stricter guidelines, to have a pick at a topic of ANY nature ( as long as it isnt rude ) in the RANDOM SECTION is not fair unless you want to rename the section the ( random chat but only if i like it ) section.
playground bullies play elsewhere, just wish there was someone with the b***s to weed you out.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2013, 06:05:44 pm »

these forums are meant to be about helping each other out as enthuisiastic owners of the mk5 gti,,, HELPING EACH OTHER, not slagging each other off.

personally i think most members on this site are very nice indeed whom i enjoy having a conversation with about ALL topics.

if the topics are not meeting the approval of the people upstairs then let it be known and set stricter guidelines, to have a pick at a topic of ANY nature ( as long as it isnt rude ) in the RANDOM SECTION is not fair unless you want to rename the section the ( random chat but only if i like it ) section.

playground bullies play elsewhere, just wish there was someone with the b***s to weed you out.

....For Moderators it's a fine line between being tolerant and allowing folks some leeway and being draconian and jumping on folks. It's not an easy task.

It's inevitable that any forum with so many members and differences in their opinions will have wars of words from time to time. It's also human that people form bonds and relationships even virtually in cyberspace and that those small groups support each other. It's also natural for people to want to feel popular and being witty at someone else's expense sometimes helps that.

Then there's just pure banter, teasing and fun. Some like to dish it out but can't take it themselves. People are complex.

I'm confident that the Moderators will agree when I say that, unless exchanges get personal and insulting, they work themselves out without Mods locking or closing threads (which is never popular).

Actually the forum medium is a good leveller - I have certainly been a tool in my forum history and have learnt and benefitted from being pulled up or knocked down on some things.

My advice to you, Scott, is don't always bite back, be better than those who you see as bullies. But if it's your nature to bite............   :popcornsoda:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:07:25 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 06:13:42 pm »
And steer well clear of telling people to f*ck off :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2013, 06:19:04 pm »

And steer well clear of telling people to f*ck off :wink:

....Hey! Andrew! 

Yes, I had forgotten about Scott sometimes telling folks to f*ck off.    :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2013, 08:27:50 pm »
Robin makes some very valid points, but I think we all now realise Scott isn't great at taking on advice. This is one of the reasons (from what I have read) that people give up trying to give him advice, and instead have some fun with someone they know will bite!

This is a forum full of different personalities so this lovely little fluffy world you envisage Scott is never going to happen. If you can't deal with the banter on the this forum then sit back and read a bit more before going in with your size tens on, creating topics that you know people will have some fun with........

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2013, 10:18:53 pm »
 :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2013, 09:37:01 am »
Robin makes some very valid points, but I think we all now realise Scott isn't great at taking on advice. This is one of the reasons (from what I have read) that people give up trying to give him advice, and instead have some fun with someone they know will bite!

This is a forum full of different personalities so this lovely little fluffy world you envisage Scott is never going to happen. If you can't deal with the banter on the this forum then sit back and read a bit more before going in with your size tens on, creating topics that you know people will have some fun with........
still confused as to why a thread called ( silly pc world advice appreciated ) is a silly topic !!!
and andrew nobody has told anyone else to f**k of  :booty:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2013, 09:38:44 am »

still confused as to why a thread called ( silly pc world advice appreciated ) is a silly topic !!!

And I'm further confused as to why you mentioned the word 'silly' as I did not.......  :confused:

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2013, 09:48:50 am »

and andrew nobody has told anyone else to f**k of  :booty:

And I'm further confused as to why you mentioned the word 'silly' as I did not.......  :confused:
see red highlighted section above, that is what i was referring to, i know you didnt say silly but you know what i am saying

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=l08svgm78a0vl8fdo9ttoe7g3a&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2013, 09:55:14 am »
I think its a good job im not a mod.... this thread would have disappeared about 2 pages ago.   :grin:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11:37 am »

Ha, are you joking? You told me to f*ck off. Perhaps you were 'stoned' when you did it, but I remember it, and Robin remembers it.

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2013, 10:25:04 am »

Ha, are you joking? You told me to f*ck off. Perhaps you were 'stoned' when you did it, but I remember it, and Robin remembers it.
apologies mr parker i thought you where referring to THIS thread and not past exchanges, yes i did at the time but you WHERE being a bit shall we say silly at the time.
maybe bygones should be bygones as they say, im big anough if you are  :drinking:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2013, 10:32:43 am »

apologies mr parker i thought you where referring to THIS thread and not past exchanges, yes i did at the time but you WHERE being a bit shall we say silly at the time.
maybe bygones should be bygones as they say, im big anough if you are  :drinking:

....Andrew is definitely 'big enough' - I remember a time when folks ganged up on him and he threatened to leave the forum but he stayed cool and stayed and he no longer prompts the same reaction from people.... Usually!  :laugh:

Offline Ash3000k

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2013, 10:34:33 am »
Lesson 1: Dont listen to PC World.
Lesson 2: Dont listen to PC World.
Lesson 3: Install W8 and update your printer. I had to do it with OSX on a number of occasions. Its called a HCL.
:happy2:

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2013, 10:37:18 am »
Lesson 1: Dont listen to PC World.
Lesson 2: Dont listen to PC World.
Lesson 3: Install W8 and update your printer. I had to do it with OSX on a number of occasions. Its called a HCL.
:happy2:
tis a £300 multi printer, aint binning it due to w8 having so many other compatability problems
gonna do what red robin said, either look at a macbook air or something, either that or a fully loaded w7 machine