Make a donation

Author Topic: silly pc world, advice appreciated  (Read 7745 times)

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
Re: silly pc world, advice appreciated
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2013, 10:55:06 am »

Ha, are you joking? You told me to f*ck off. Perhaps you were 'stoned' when you did it, but I remember it, and Robin remembers it.

apologies mr parker i thought you where referring to THIS thread and not past exchanges, yes i did at the time but you WHERE being a bit shall we say silly at the time.
maybe bygones should be bygones as they say, im big anough if you are  :drinking:

....Andrew is definitely 'big enough' - I remember a time when folks ganged up on him and he threatened to leave the forum but he stayed cool and stayed and he no longer prompts the same reaction from people.... Usually!  :laugh:

Why is it that some of the moderators on here spend their time winding people up?  And when they bite, start crying about it! 
There was a thread yesterday that was created solely for this reason. :stupid:
Seems to me that those same people have become bored of this forum; the same old discussions and threads, perhaps its time to seek pastures new!?

At OP: Get a refund and go here: http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals
You can get some very good prices for refurbished Apple kit direct from Apple, it all comes with a 12 months warranty and each item has been properly refurbished, looks brand new with all accessories and boxes; just a thought if your sick of Win8.

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2013, 10:56:24 am »
With respect, you've only been here 8 days :signLOL:

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2013, 11:04:09 am »

And I've already noticed it, in that short space of time!!  Speaks volumes really.
Anyway, said my piece. :happy2:

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2013, 11:17:33 am »

Ha, are you joking? You told me to f*ck off. Perhaps you were 'stoned' when you did it, but I remember it, and Robin remembers it.

apologies mr parker i thought you where referring to THIS thread and not past exchanges, yes i did at the time but you WHERE being a bit shall we say silly at the time.
maybe bygones should be bygones as they say, im big anough if you are  :drinking:

....Andrew is definitely 'big enough' - I remember a time when folks ganged up on him and he threatened to leave the forum but he stayed cool and stayed and he no longer prompts the same reaction from people.... Usually!  :laugh:
deep down i get the feeling that andrew is a nice person, maybe we just got off on the wrong foot at some point, it happens easily enough.
when i first joined this forum my biggest argument was against yourself red, im sure you remember, but time passed and after realising i jumped the gun way to quickly with you i now see you as one of the most helpfull people on here, also the fact you dont really hold a grudge def helped.
just goes to show how wires can get crossed and after a bit of calmness things can completelly flip round.

also with regards to the moderators on here, i do understand their enthuisiasm for the topic of mk5 gti is what brought them here in the first place and i do understand that sometimes it may be a difficult balance between moderator and member.
i know one thing that really p*ss*s one of them off is my reluctance to use capital letters etc, minor i know but how is it if i use word on my comp it automatically grammer checks for me and inserts capitals etc as you type - it doesnt do that here, is there a way of doing this ?
a thread on w8 isnt the most interesting i know but to be honest if i knew the problems with w8 that this thread has highlighted before i went out and bought one it would have stopped me in my tracks, something like this topic can be SO boring if you dont need it - but if you do then that's a different story.
from my experience on problem solving in regards to this subject over the last month or so it is my opinion that the information available on the web does not cover the problems this operating system has, also the same testing the feedback from microsoft who will never admit to anything, sony themselves who are not really sure either, pc world - bl**dy useless and would be as well asking the checkout operator at my local tesco as technical answers will be the same, also online forums and w8 review videos all do not cover the compatability issues on w8.
just to clarify before i lock this thread soon
the title and subject of this thread was to ask questions with regards to w8 / w7 compatability
if anyone reading this needs a new comp soon you should be aware of the following and maybe take red robins advice and buy a mac.
w8 machines have the following problems
1 - bluetooth dongles DO not work on w8 machines and w7 dongles etc are NOT compatable
2 - adobe does not work properly on w8
3 - windows media player does NOT work properly on w8
4 - sites like photobucket WILL NOT allow you to edit / delete pictures when using w8 (spoke to their tech dept on this )
5 - any pics / vids on this forum for example will not show / play on w8 and have a 60% chance of playing when using scaled down version of desktop on w8
6 - you constantly have to flip between the w8 op syst & the desktop ( scaled down w7 ) feature on w8 to make interactive websites work / play media
7 - lots of updates on w8 are just not there
8 - if you manually turn the power of on a w8 machine while it is downloading updates you WILL fry the hard drive ( confirmed by pc world )
9 - compatabilty with other peripherals is a nightmare and is not always available so cameras etc dont always work
10 - the technical knowledge of any kind of tech support is very limited on w8 due to sparce training
11 - you DO NOT get prompted to back up the op syst & need to figure it out yourself,
12 - op syst is 17gb meaning you need a 32gb usb stick, you cannot back onto dvd etc, either a usb stick or optical drive and it must be a dedicated one ( i originally used an optical drive with 1 terabite of space then realised that you CANNOT use the rest of the drive as it will corrupt the w8 back up ) the back up source you use must be dedicated.

this is the main problems with w8 and to be fair it's quite a lot

if you where to put w7 onto a w8 machine the pc manufacturer will wash their hands of you and your bluetooth chip which is on the motherboard WILL NOT WORK and with no way to fix it, also you cannot just whack in a w7 disk and expect it to work, the op systems safety measures makes it a very difficult job unless you are a comp expert.
also the power management system will need to be de-activated as it is also not compatable.

all this is boring crap i know and im expecting a matrix style logo from a trusted forum member  :jumpmove: but at least anyone reading this will know the op systems problems and WHEN your comp bites the dust one day maybe you will remember some of w8's problems.

where is my matrix logo now  :booty:

:fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

is this better for you guys ?

Deep down I get the feeling that Andrew is a nice person, maybe we just got off on the wrong foot at some point, it happens easily enough.
When I first joined this forum my biggest argument was against yourself red, I’m sure you remember, but time passed and after realising I jumped the gun way to quickly with you I now see you as one of the most helpful people on here, also the fact you don’t really hold a grudge def  helped.
Just goes to show how wires can get crossed and after a bit of calmness things can completely flip round.

Also with regards to the moderators on here, I do understand their enthusiasm for the topic of mk5 gti is what brought them here in the first place and I do understand that sometimes it may be a difficult balance between moderator and member.
I know one thing that really p*ss*s one of them off is my reluctance to use capital letters etc., minor I know but how is it if I use word on my comp it automatically grammar checks for me and inserts capitals etc. as you type - it doesn’t do that here, is there a way of doing this ?
A thread on w8 isn’t the most interesting I know but to be honest if I knew the problems with w8 that this thread has highlighted before I went out and bought one it would have stopped me in my tracks, something like this topic can be SO boring if you don’t need it - but if you do then that's a different story.
From my experience on problem solving in regards to this subject over the last month or so it is my opinion that the information available on the web does not cover the problems this operating system has, also the same testing the feedback from Microsoft who will never admit to anything, Sony themselves who are not really sure either, pc world - bl**dy useless and would be as well asking the checkout operator at my local Tesco as technical answers will be the same, also online forums and w8 review videos all do not cover the compatibility issues on w8.
Just to clarify before I lock this thread soon
The title and subject of this thread was to ask questions with regards to w8 / w7 compatibility
If anyone reading this needs a new comp soon you should be aware of the following and maybe take red robins advice and buy a mac.
W8 machines have the following problems
1 - Bluetooth dongles DO not work on w8 machines and w7 dongles etc. are NOT compatible
2 - Adobe does not work properly on w8
3 - Windows media player does NOT work properly on w8
4 - Sites like photo bucket WILL NOT allow you to edit / delete pictures when using w8 (spoke to their tech dept. on this)
5 - Any pics / vids on this forum for example will not show / play on w8 and have a 60% chance of playing when using scaled down version of desktop on w8
6 - You constantly have to flip between the w8 op syst & the desktop (scaled down w7) feature on w8 to make interactive websites work / play media
7 - Lots of updates on w8 are just not there
8 - If you manually turn the power of on a w8 machine while it is downloading updates you WILL fry the hard drive (confirmed by pc world)
9 - Compatibility with other peripherals is a nightmare and is not always available so cameras etc. don’t always work
10 - The technical knowledge of any kind of tech support is very limited on w8 due to sparse training
11 - You DO NOT get prompted to back up the op syst & need to figure it out yourself,
12 - op syst is 17gb meaning you need a 32gb usb stick, you cannot back onto dvd etc., either a usb stick or optical drive and it must be a dedicated one (I originally used an optical drive with 1 terabyte of space then realised that you CANNOT use the rest of the drive as it will corrupt the w8 back up) the backup source you use must be dedicated.

This is the main problems with w8 and to be fair it's quite a lot

If you where to put w7 onto a w8 machine the pc manufacturer will wash their hands of you and your Bluetooth chip which is on the motherboard WILL NOT WORK and with no way to fix it, also you cannot just whack in a w7 disk and expect it to work, the op systems safety measures makes it a very difficult job unless you are a comp expert.
Also the power management system will need to be de-activated as it is also not compatible.

all this is boring crap I know and I’m expecting a matrix style logo from a trusted forum member   but at least anyone reading this will know the op systems problems and WHEN your comp bites the dust one day maybe you will remember some of w8's problems.

Where is my matrix logo now?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:29:29 pm by scottm72 »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2013, 11:29:57 am »

deep down i get the feeling that andrew is a nice person, maybe we just got off on the wrong foot at some point, it happens easily enough.

when i first joined this forum my biggest argument was against yourself red, im sure you remember, but time passed and after realising i jumped the gun way to quickly with you i now see you as one of the most helpfull people on here, also the fact you dont really hold a grudge def helped.
just goes to show how wires can get crossed and after a bit of calmness things can completelly flip round.

....That's only because I'm such an experienced, wise and *cough* mature *cough* forumite. There's things in life far more important than discussions on car forums (will someone please tell me what they are).

It there's a trick it's to stay cool and be prepared to learn and accept if you are wrong even though at the time you felt very passionately that you were right.

4 - sites like photobucket WILL NOT allow you to edit / delete pictures when using w8 (spoke to their tech dept on this )

....Can you tell me how you contacted Photobucket's tech support - I have a problem to ask them about. Thanks  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2013, 12:12:58 pm »
Scott

You could try typing whatever you want to post into word then copy and paste the text onto here after you have let word do all its checks.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2013, 12:38:52 pm »
+1. Please edit your posts scott - it makes it easier to read and people are more likely to help out. Paragraphs and capitalisation are used for a reason. Make use of them.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2013, 01:16:44 pm »
red i just used the e-mail link on their web site and i got a response pretty quickly, cant remember who it was that replied though.

so am i right in thinking the only way to use automatic spellcheck / autogrammer etc is to use word then copy and paste ?
isnt there a tool on this forum that does any of this ?

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2013, 01:19:08 pm »
The enter key would help on occasions to break up your wall of text.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2013, 01:23:10 pm »
isnt there a tool on this forum that does any of this ?

There's lots of tools on this forum.  :signLOL:

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2013, 01:31:32 pm »

maybe bygones should be bygones as they say, im big anough if you are  :drinking:

....Andrew is definitely 'big enough' - I remember a time when folks ganged up on him and he threatened to leave the forum but he stayed cool and stayed and he no longer prompts the same reaction from people.... Usually!  :laugh:

also with regards to the moderators on here, i do understand their enthuisiasm for the topic of mk5 gti is what brought them here in the first place and i do understand that sometimes it may be a difficult balance between moderator and member.
i know one thing that really p*ss*s one of them off is my reluctance to use capital letters etc, minor i know but how is it if i use word on my comp it automatically grammer checks for me and inserts capitals etc as you type - it doesnt do that here, is there a way of doing this ?
a thread on w8 isnt the most interesting i know but to be honest if i knew the problems with w8 that this thread has highlighted before i went out and bought one it would have stopped me in my tracks, something like this topic can be SO boring if you dont need it - but if you do then that's a different story.
from my experience on problem solving in regards to this subject over the last month or so it is my opinion that the information available on the web does not cover the problems this operating system has, also the same testing the feedback from microsoft who will never admit to anything, sony themselves who are not really sure either, pc world - bl**dy useless and would be as well asking the checkout operator at my local tesco as technical answers will be the same, also online forums and w8 review videos all do not cover the compatability issues on w8.
just to clarify before i lock this thread soon
the title and subject of this thread was to ask questions with regards to w8 / w7 compatability
if anyone reading this needs a new comp soon you should be aware of the following and maybe take red robins advice and buy a mac.
w8 machines have the following problems
1 - bluetooth dongles DO not work on w8 machines and w7 dongles etc are NOT compatable
2 - adobe does not work properly on w8
3 - windows media player does NOT work properly on w8
5 - any pics / vids on this forum for example will not show / play on w8 and have a 60% chance of playing when using scaled down version of desktop on w8
6 - you constantly have to flip between the w8 op syst & the desktop ( scaled down w7 ) feature on w8 to make interactive websites work / play media
7 - lots of updates on w8 are just not there
8 - if you manually turn the power of on a w8 machine while it is downloading updates you WILL fry the hard drive ( confirmed by pc world )
9 - compatabilty with other peripherals is a nightmare and is not always available so cameras etc dont always work
10 - the technical knowledge of any kind of tech support is very limited on w8 due to sparce training
11 - you DO NOT get prompted to back up the op syst & need to figure it out yourself,
12 - op syst is 17gb meaning you need a 32gb usb stick, you cannot back onto dvd etc, either a usb stick or optical drive and it must be a dedicated one ( i originally used an optical drive with 1 terabite of space then realised that you CANNOT use the rest of the drive as it will corrupt the w8 back up ) the back up source you use must be dedicated.

this is the main problems with w8 and to be fair it's quite a lot

if you where to put w7 onto a w8 machine the pc manufacturer will wash their hands of you and your bluetooth chip which is on the motherboard WILL NOT WORK and with no way to fix it, also you cannot just whack in a w7 disk and expect it to work, the op systems safety measures makes it a very difficult job unless you are a comp expert.
also the power management system will need to be de-activated as it is also not compatable.

all this is boring crap i know and im expecting a matrix style logo from a trusted forum member  :jumpmove: but at least anyone reading this will know the op systems problems and WHEN your comp bites the dust one day maybe you will remember some of w8's problems.

where is my matrix logo now  :booty:

:fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

is this better for you guys ?

Deep down I get the feeling that Andrew is a nice person, maybe we just got off on the wrong foot at some point, it happens easily enough.
When I first joined this forum my biggest argument was against yourself red, I’m sure you remember, but time passed and after realising I jumped the gun way to quickly with you I now see you as one of the most helpful people on here, also the fact you don’t really hold a grudge def  helped.
Just goes to show how wires can get crossed and after a bit of calmness things can completely flip round.

Also with regards to the moderators on here, I do understand their enthusiasm for the topic of mk5 gti is what brought them here in the first place and I do understand that sometimes it may be a difficult balance between moderator and member.
I know one thing that really p*ss*s one of them off is my reluctance to use capital letters etc., minor I know but how is it if I use word on my comp it automatically grammar checks for me and inserts capitals etc. as you type - it doesn’t do that here, is there a way of doing this ?
A thread on w8 isn’t the most interesting I know but to be honest if I knew the problems with w8 that this thread has highlighted before I went out and bought one it would have stopped me in my tracks, something like this topic can be SO boring if you don’t need it - but if you do then that's a different story.
From my experience on problem solving in regards to this subject over the last month or so it is my opinion that the information available on the web does not cover the problems this operating system has, also the same testing the feedback from Microsoft who will never admit to anything, Sony themselves who are not really sure either, pc world - bl**dy useless and would be as well asking the checkout operator at my local Tesco as technical answers will be the same, also online forums and w8 review videos all do not cover the compatibility issues on w8.
Just to clarify before I lock this thread soon
The title and subject of this thread was to ask questions with regards to w8 / w7 compatibility
If anyone reading this needs a new comp soon you should be aware of the following and maybe take red robins advice and buy a mac.
W8 machines have the following problems
1 - Bluetooth dongles DO not work on w8 machines and w7 dongles etc. are NOT compatible
2 - Adobe does not work properly on w8
3 - Windows media player does NOT work properly on w8
4 - Sites like photo bucket WILL NOT allow you to edit / delete pictures when using w8 (spoke to their tech dept. on this)
5 - Any pics / vids on this forum for example will not show / play on w8 and have a 60% chance of playing when using scaled down version of desktop on w8
6 - You constantly have to flip between the w8 op syst & the desktop (scaled down w7) feature on w8 to make interactive websites work / play media
7 - Lots of updates on w8 are just not there
8 - If you manually turn the power of on a w8 machine while it is downloading updates you WILL fry the hard drive (confirmed by pc world)
9 - Compatibility with other peripherals is a nightmare and is not always available so cameras etc. don’t always work
10 - The technical knowledge of any kind of tech support is very limited on w8 due to sparse training
11 - You DO NOT get prompted to back up the op syst & need to figure it out yourself,
12 - op syst is 17gb meaning you need a 32gb usb stick, you cannot back onto dvd etc., either a usb stick or optical drive and it must be a dedicated one (I originally used an optical drive with 1 terabyte of space then realised that you CANNOT use the rest of the drive as it will corrupt the w8 back up) the backup source you use must be dedicated.

This is the main problems with w8 and to be fair it's quite a lot

If you where to put w7 onto a w8 machine the pc manufacturer will wash their hands of you and your Bluetooth chip which is on the motherboard WILL NOT WORK and with no way to fix it, also you cannot just whack in a w7 disk and expect it to work, the op systems safety measures makes it a very difficult job unless you are a comp expert.
Also the power management system will need to be de-activated as it is also not compatible.

all this is boring crap I know and I’m expecting a matrix style logo from a trusted forum member   but at least anyone reading this will know the op systems problems and WHEN your comp bites the dust one day maybe you will remember some of w8's problems.

Where is my matrix logo now?

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2013, 01:33:07 pm »
The enter key would help on occasions to break up your wall of text.
Yeah that would help i guess - point taken Deako

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2013, 01:58:46 pm »

Erm no he hasn't that is Zerolag who decided he wanted to fight nathan. Nearly got banned and has now come back with a different name.  :rolleye:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2013, 01:59:34 pm »
Guys it's not to late for the lobotomy.  :pomppomp:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2013, 02:16:57 pm »

Erm no he hasn't that is Zerolag who decided he wanted to fight nathan. Nearly got banned and has now come back with a different name.  :rolleye:

Oh, must have missed that one :laugh: