Make a donation

Author Topic: Why has my car turned into a rabbit?!  (Read 798 times)

ReeceH13

Why has my car turned into a rabbit?!
« on: February 03, 2013, 10:55:21 am »
Hey peeps,

Since getting my new alloys (18"s) and two new Falkon mid-range tyres on the rear my car seems to hop until it finally gets traction (on a erm, rushed start should I say) I am running a Conti-Sport 2 on one side on the front and a Conti-Sport 3 on the other front side (don't know why the guy that had it before me must have put them on)

Does anyone know why this is? Too much air in the tyres? The fact I have two new rears? I am really lost any help appreciated & with Santapod fast approaching I don't want to hop skip and jump to the finish!  :laugh:

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: Why has my car turned into a rabbit?!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:12:38 am »
You've probably got worn wishbone bushes, the rears most likely. This new (old) tyre clearly has less mechanical grip than your last set.

As you accelerate, the wheel moves to a toe-out position, then when it loses grip, it snaps back to toe-in - this can be made worse by a sloppy lower engine mount allowing that to shift around as part of the process. It only really happens at certain low speed, so you may not have noticed it before if the old boots allowed you to launch past it. Heavier wheels make it worse too.

Old fix was a WALK, although I believe the Superpro version is cheaper and possibly better.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:15:22 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

ReeceH13

Re: Why has my car turned into a rabbit?!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:20:46 am »
Thank you very much Tony,

I will certianly look into that. Yeah I didn't notice it before hand... The new wheels are one monza between them lighter, thought that might be why.

Will have a look at the SuperPro  :happy2: