Make a donation

Author Topic: Stereo Woes  (Read 525 times)

Offline b16vrg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Stereo Woes
« on: January 30, 2013, 05:46:00 pm »
Can anyone recommend  a place to look at my head unit to see what is wrong with it, as my wife is quickly losing patience with me over it not working.

I live near Winchester, Hampshire

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: Stereo Woes
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:46:34 pm »
What head unit do you have and what seems to be the problem with it? I am based up in Camberley if you want to pop round, I'll have a look at it for you.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline b16vrg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:53:10 pm »
Originally the wife reported there was no sound but everything else was working but it killed the battery as it wouldnt turn off. So thinking the head unit was kapput I bought a new 1, had a guy fit it but it wouldnt accept the code given with the new unit. He's now flat out at work so now im stuck with no stereo and is gonna probably wreck the new battery that I bought. As said, I came home the other night and the red background lights were on on the unit so im thinking there is another problem.

Would you be around saturday morning?

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 10:19:26 pm »
I should be around Saturday. Give me a call on my mobile tomorrow afternoon. Won't be back in till late afternoon. Will pm you my number.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members