Make a donation

Author Topic: Pissed with my Bilstein PSS9's  (Read 3707 times)

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
Re: Pissed with my Bilstein PSS9's
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 12:11:50 pm »
Managed to get springs part numbers
E4-FD1-Y704A0

Well to update, bilstein in the USA where really helpful and trying to resolve the problem.
The minute I told them the came with the car I bought a while ago, they have literally fell off the face off the earth.

I'm not expecting Bilstein to replace it for free, but the issue I really have is the NZ distributors.
Even being able to provide them part numbers, they are not even interested.

Gobbleplease - if I keep getting useless local support, I simply will not go with a specific brand. Unless its international support only etc. that would still apply.

Yea sounds like bilstein nz are not interested in supporting there product which is shocking - shocking get it  :grin:
I'd be contacting the mother ship if I was you and complaint about the lack of support you are getting from the distributors,
I'd imagine bilstein de wouldn't take to kindly to this, as it is blackening there name.
I mean the distributors could of resolved this or put it to bed no bother ! But instead your on here making the broken springs public knowledge looking for answers to this problem, and quite rightly so.
Name and shame to bilstein - who knows you might get set for free due to the lousy service you've had
In all seriousness I
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:13:50 pm by gobbleplease »
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 12:21:54 pm »
^^^^
As the 'gobbler' says, go above the heads of Bilstein's representatives in NZ and complain about how poorly they are representing the Bilstein brand and reputation - You should get some action. Bilstein, like KW, are proud of their products and care about customer service.

Whether it shouldn't have broken or not is besides the point - It has done, and doubtless not helped by NZ's apparently very bad roads. The only way is to look forwards and to see how the problem can be best resolved.

Keep us all posted  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 20
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 01:24:14 pm »
I have just PM'd the OP with a price which I think is quite reasonable given the cost of the coilies in the 1st place so hopefully we can get this resolved for him ASAP!

It does sound like Bilstein in NZ are a bit useless  :sad1:

0% Interest Free Finance Available On All Parts NOW
www.gnjmotorsport.com
info@gnjmotorsport.com  -  01254 883345
Facebook  -  Instagram

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 01:29:08 pm »

It does sound like Bilstein in NZ are a bit useless  :sad1:

....For the sake of other Bilstein users in NZ, Bilstein's German head office should be informed about this case and their NZ representative's behaviour. If no-one informs them, how can matters be improved?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 09:09:43 pm »
as GNJ_Motorsports has mentioned, they have assisted me almost immediately. So Supreme props to them  :drinking:

I have now had another email from Bilstein directly, stating they are not able to supply directly to customers it has to go thru distrubitors channels.
Passed me out local agent, now this is where it becomes extremely funny. I have to find humour somewhere in this saga. As well as it's christmas and time for fun basically.

They contact information provided, was for one company. But the actual contact number was the company I had dealings with. lol  :rolleye:

None the less GNJ_Motorsports have sorted me for the time being  :notworthy:

So Hopefully all the different parts are hear in NZ by the time I'm back so I can put the car back together.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 09:15:43 pm »
^^^^
The most important thing is that you are resolving the problem (with help from GNJ). So that's good to hear  :happy2:

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 10:22:34 pm »
Well done GNJ for helping  :congrats:

That's great service right there, I've used them before for a twintercooler, and ill be using them again for my new suspension set up!
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 12:33:51 am »
as GNJ_Motorsports has mentioned, they have assisted me almost immediately. So Supreme props to them  :drinking:

I have now had another email from Bilstein directly, stating they are not able to supply directly to customers it has to go thru distrubitors channels.
Passed me out local agent, now this is where it becomes extremely funny. I have to find humour somewhere in this saga. As well as it's christmas and time for fun basically.

They contact information provided, was for one company. But the actual contact number was the company I had dealings with. lol  :rolleye:

None the less GNJ_Motorsports have sorted me for the time being  :notworthy:

So Hopefully all the different parts are hear in NZ by the time I'm back so I can put the car back together.

Not a problem mate happy to help.

Pure laziness on the part of Bilstein in NZ, a call to Germany or an email and they would have had this sorted for you and on the next shipment in no time. It isn't hard to get the part number and price for 2 springs  :signLOL:

The holiday season will delay things as usual but we will have these with you as soon as possible.

www.gnjmotorsport.com
Facebook  -  Instagram

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Pissed with my Bilstein PSS
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 02:15:29 pm »
Well I thought I would update this thread for the better.
 :evilgrin:
Turns out Bilstein as a company appears to be dropping the ball big time.
Thankfully I had GNJ motorsports on the case, my springs finally arrive at their shop on Thursday 24 Jan 2013.
Ordered and paid for last year. :sad1: :sad1:

Now for the good news, the sprins arrived around 2:30pm local in NZ. I started around 9:30 to pull the shocks apart, had a little of an issue with my goose neck spanner not fitting, thankfully my brothers indeed did work.

None the less, I ended up finishing the car around 2AM. Cleaned up then had to go clean myself up as well. Lol

So will take the car for its first drive tomorrow, cannot wait.   :evilgrin:

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
Re: Pissed with my Bilstein PSS
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 02:37:14 pm »
Well I thought I would update this thread for the better.
 :evilgrin:
Turns out Bilstein as a company appears to be dropping the ball big time.
Thankfully I had GNJ motorsports on the case, my springs finally arrive at their shop on Thursday 24 Jan 2013.
Ordered and paid for last year. :sad1: :sad1:

Now for the good news, the sprins arrived around 2:30pm local in NZ. I started around 9:30 to pull the shocks apart, had a little of an issue with my goose neck spanner not fitting, thankfully my brothers indeed did work.

None the less, I ended up finishing the car around 2AM. Cleaned up then had to go clean myself up as well. Lol

So will take the car for its first drive tomorrow, cannot wait.   :evilgrin:

Excellent news :)

Very frustrating that they took so long to get to you, we had numerous problems earlier this month with getting things from Germany, they seem slow to get going again after xmas  :signLOL:

www.gnjmotorsport.com
Facebook  -  Instagram

Offline tgazgti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 10:08:37 am »
That's not good I always thought of them to be one of the best coilovers.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 10:32:27 am »
Bilstein, like KW, are proud of their products and care about customer service.

I can assure you that after my recent experience with KW customer service and equally as important the support they give their dealers is pretty piss poor.  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 09:30:13 pm »
Bilstein, like KW, are proud of their products and care about customer service.

I can assure you that after my recent experience with KW customer service and equally as important the support they give their dealers is pretty piss poor.  :fighting: :fighting:

Yeah I understand that Hedge,

my findings are as follows. They where to a degree willing to help from the US. Till they found out I was not the original owner of the kit.
Then local dealers could not order parts despite providing them the actual part numbers.

I dealt with GNJ motorsports (Which has been amazing to deal with tbh), had all my info required ordered and paid for within 3 hours of first email contact.
They then proceeded to wait 4-6 weeks for Bilstein to pull finger and send them the ordered parts. Once sent from GNJ I received in in less than 7 days.

So I'm going to have to say at this stage, Despite Bilsteins amazing suspension, there lack of support for the public or even there suppliers will cause them to dig their own graves.
I for one, will be passing on Bilstein, no idea what suspension I will move towards. But this was the last Bilstein product I buy new, second hand. Which really does not bode well for Bilstein.