Make a donation

Author Topic: M135i 1 month on...  (Read 34278 times)

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: M135i 1 month on...
« Reply #210 on: July 02, 2013, 09:51:00 pm »
Why not buy nearly new at 28k and take advantage of the 5% loans out there?

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #211 on: July 02, 2013, 10:37:50 pm »
A 5% loan for the full amount would be a higher risk for me than 5.9% on PCP. Not to mention it costing more on a monthly basis.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2013, 10:50:51 pm »
A 5% loan for the full amount would be a higher risk for me than 5.9% on PCP. Not to mention it costing more on a monthly basis.

Luke you defo have issues the way you buy and sell things!, if I was your missus I would not let you near any of the family income.  :rolleye:

Why not get an old classic sports car if it is just for fun, when you change your mind inevitably in a few months you will get most if not all your money back. That way coping with your  :stupid: problems  won't be as painful on the wallet.  :wink:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2013, 10:58:12 pm »

Luke you defo have issues the way you buy and sell things!, if I was your missus I would not let you near any of the family income.  :rolleye:

Why not get an old classic sports car if it is just for fun, when you change your mind inevitably in a few months you will get most if not all your money back. That way coping with your  :stupid: problems  won't be as painful on the wallet.  :wink:

Who said it was painful?

Some people don't think twice about blowing £200 a week on social drink and recreational drugs. I do neither, so don't you worry about what I spend my money on!  :wink:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2013, 11:05:17 pm »

personally i'd pay a bit extra and go for the M235i based on the styling when it comes out, 2M should be fun

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2013, 11:46:34 pm »

Luke you defo have issues the way you buy and sell things!, if I was your missus I would not let you near any of the family income.  :rolleye:

Why not get an old classic sports car if it is just for fun, when you change your mind inevitably in a few months you will get most if not all your money back. That way coping with your  :stupid: problems  won't be as painful on the wallet.  :wink:

Who said it was painful?

Some people don't think twice about blowing £200 a week on social drink and recreational drugs. I do neither, so don't you worry about what I spend my money on!  :wink:

I wasn't trying to insult you. You seem to be all over the place with your ideas of want you want. I was trying to say choose something you can enjoy and not loose lots of money on once the next thing comes along.   :drinking:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2013, 07:53:03 am »

personally i'd pay a bit extra and go for the M235i based on the styling when it comes out, 2M should be fun

I think the additional premium for the Coupe isnt worth it. It does look pretty though, and im sure that facelift will work its way on to the hatch in 2014.

Who said it was painful?

Some people don't think twice about blowing £200 a week on social drink and recreational drugs. I do neither, so don't you worry about what I spend my money on!  :wink:

I wasn't trying to insult you. You seem to be all over the place with your ideas of want you want. I was trying to say choose something you can enjoy and not loose lots of money on once the next thing comes along.   :drinking:

Ok chap, i know what you are saying.  :happy2: I agree. The problem is, in ALL the cars ive owned, i have never found something that truly made me happy. The search continues....... Ive also considered an Exige as a fun car, but on UK roads i considered it too much of a compromise, as it wouldnt spend its life on the track.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2013, 10:00:28 am »
It's impossible to recommend a car to someone else, much like everyone has different tastes in women/men/other.

My list at the moment if I was buying a weekend car would be as follows:

Cheap - E30 325i Sport, 968 Sport, MK3 MX5, 182 Trophy
Middle - S1 Elise 135/160, Caterham, 987 Boxster/Cayman
Top - Boxster Spyder, Cayman R, 964 Carrera, E46 CSL, Elise SC

With the excepton of possibly the MX5, they're all pretty much static or depreciating slowly. For me to have a 2nd car again, it'd have to fullfill the terms of my last ones... they have to be slightly stupid, and something I'd walk past my daily to get to on a nice day. Don't have to be the best/fastest thing out there, but just something that makes me smile.

As for the M135i. I do genuinely believe it is the best car in its price bracket, and that's simply down to BMW being so agressive with the pricing. I refuse to own a Haldex car, and I won't buy another with no manual option, as I want to make the most of owning them before they all dissapear.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:46:34 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: July 03, 2013, 08:23:24 pm »
I think a £15k Caterham would be pretty hard to beat for weekend thrills for the money! Plus you will only take it out when its sunny, so those 2 weekends a year will be REALLY special!  :signLOL:

Want that M235i........  :party:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2013, 10:56:45 pm »
If I was looking for a weekend car it would be a Noble M12 GTO 3R. Never driven anything that comes close.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2013, 10:57:29 pm »
Stage 1 M135i:

:laugh:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #221 on: July 05, 2013, 08:31:54 am »
I was expecting bigger gains from that engine.

I agree with the others in regards to new car vs used car. The depreciation hit you will take on a new Porsche etc will be massive.

You could easily run a dedicated track day toy plus a sexy sunny day weekend warrior from the money you would pay out to pcp a Porsche/BMW. And at the end they won't really lose money.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2013, 08:15:53 pm »
I was expecting bigger gains from that engine.

What, a stage 1 tune on a complete stock engine with gains of 64bhp and 114ftlb isn't good enough?

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2013, 08:28:26 pm »
I thought it was a just under 40bhp gain? Why 64bhp?

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2013, 08:35:45 pm »
Because peak gains are not overly important on a road car so as much power as possible is dialled in to the more usable RPM range with the biggest gains being achieved from 2500-6000rpm.