Make a donation

Author Topic: Caught doing 79 on the 50mph section of A3 out of Guildford.  (Read 17301 times)

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
Re: Caught doing 79 on the 50mph section of A3 out of Guildford.
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2013, 10:38:52 pm »
When i got caught it took around 4 months for the summons to come through. Think it can be up to 6 months

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2013, 10:51:00 pm »
But don't you have to get something through from the police first which confirms they are prosecuting you?

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2013, 10:59:09 pm »
But don't you have to get something through from the police first which confirms they are prosecuting you?
I'm not 100% sure but think as they have cautioned you at the scene that is the equivalent to an NIP
Golf MK6 R TTE420 & Gen1 RS3

Offline Rachael

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2013, 11:00:33 pm »
When I got caught on the motorway (police officer in a van), I received my paperwork after about 10 days.

It is stated somewhere on the Internet that the paperwork has to come through within 14 days I think, but I'm guessing it's different to actually being stopped be a police officer.

Then the summons, as stated, could take a few months.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2013, 11:10:12 pm »
The process is:
Reported at scene --> Summons paperwork or CPS letter of discontinuation --> Go to court.

Nothing else unfortunately. You were reported and now the next stage is receiving a summons with time/date. If you plead NG you will get another letter (actually more like a package) with all the evidence (statements etc), but should you guilty, you get nothing and merely wait for sentencing.

It's a crap system, and where minor offences are dealt with on a par with serious crime (ie: minor offences should be dealt with quickly as they take less time to deal with). The wheels of justice grind very slowly. Saying that, it is a mixed bag. You could get a summons next week with an hearing two weeks later. It's a waiting game unfortunately.

I've been through it before and got summonsed on the 5 month mark. It was the worst five months of my life. Went to court and case was dismissed as no evidence was produced. It is really hard and your stomach turns, but somehow you gotta try and get on - although it's really realy hard. I really feel for you and I know what i've said doesn't make it better at all  :sad1:
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2013, 06:24:50 pm »
The process is:
Reported at scene --> Summons paperwork or CPS letter of discontinuation --> Go to court.

Nothing else unfortunately. You were reported and now the next stage is receiving a summons with time/date. If you plead NG you will get another letter (actually more like a package) with all the evidence (statements etc), but should you guilty, you get nothing and merely wait for sentencing.

It's a crap system, and where minor offences are dealt with on a par with serious crime (ie: minor offences should be dealt with quickly as they take less time to deal with). The wheels of justice grind very slowly. Saying that, it is a mixed bag. You could get a summons next week with an hearing two weeks later. It's a waiting game unfortunately.

I've been through it before and got summonsed on the 5 month mark. It was the worst five months of my life. Went to court and case was dismissed as no evidence was produced. It is really hard and your stomach turns, but somehow you gotta try and get on - although it's really realy hard. I really feel for you and I know what i've said doesn't make it better at all  :sad1:

Thanks Jonny, but I don't plead guilty by post, do I? I actually want to go to court and plead guilty.

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2013, 06:35:02 pm »

Thanks Jonny, but I don't plead guilty by post, do I? I actually want to go to court and plead guilty.

....I think that you are required to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty to the court beforehand so that a court's time isn't wasted. Wasting a court's time is a fast way of getting a worse judgement against you.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2013, 06:39:09 pm »

....I think that you are required to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty to the court beforehand so that a court's time isn't wasted. Wasting a court's time is a fast way of getting a worse judgement against you.

So I plead guilty beforehand and the attend for sentencing Robin?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2013, 06:46:44 pm »

....Someone more expert will hopefully confirm/advise but I thought that you weren't disputing the case against you but were appearing in court to show a degree of remorse for your offence and in the hope that the 'sentence' might be reduced. I thought that a 'sentence' was more custodial and so you are facing a judgement with penalty.

I think that you would be very unwise to dispute your offence with a plea of Not Guilty as it can be so easily proved against you in Court and the judgement would undoubtedly be harsher. It shouldn't be but that's the reality in these matters.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2013, 06:57:24 pm »

....Someone more expert will hopefully confirm/advise but I thought that you weren't disputing the case against you but were appearing in court to show a degree of remorse for your offence and in the hope that the 'sentence' might be reduced. I thought that a 'sentence' was more custodial and so you are facing a judgement with penalty.

I think that you would be very unwise to dispute your offence with a plea of Not Guilty as it can be so easily proved against you in Court and the judgement would undoubtedly be harsher. It shouldn't be but that's the reality in these matters.

Absolutely not Robin, I'm guilty, banged to rights, as I said above, I assume I attend in order to hear my penalty, and to demonstrate how seriously I take it. I have no intention of trying to wriggle out of it, or plead not guilty. I am merely trying to understand the process i.e. do I plead guilty by post, and then attend the summons?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2013, 07:08:40 pm »
^^^^
I think that the written summons you receive will have a section where you plead Guilty/Not Guilty and then return it by post and progress from there. The Court (or its Clerk) will then have had time to prepare what's appropriate beforehand and consequently be more efficient in the time management of those judging what penalty you receive.

I have been to Court many times and quite enjoy it but I have only ever once received a Summons and that was in my mispent youth and I can't remember the details.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:11:39 pm by RedRobin »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=uvfbv3fuoikfi1fg3f7hqtlg6l&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2013, 09:08:36 am »
^^^^
I think that the written summons you receive will have a section where you plead Guilty/Not Guilty and then return it by post and progress from there. The Court (or its Clerk) will then have had time to prepare what's appropriate beforehand and consequently be more efficient in the time management of those judging what penalty you receive.

I have been to Court many times and quite enjoy it but I have only ever once received a Summons and that was in my mispent youth and I can't remember the details.

Say no more.....  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2013, 09:11:46 am »
I got my summons, plead guilty by post then got a letter informing me of my points/fine. You then have to send your license away to be endorsed. Didn't have to set foot in court.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2013, 10:56:11 am »
I got my summons, plead guilty by post then got a letter informing me of my points/fine. You then have to send your license away to be endorsed. Didn't have to set foot in court.

Thanks for that  :happy2:

Did you get the option to attend court for sentencing/penalty etc?

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2013, 11:08:56 am »
Personally I think you will end up in jail and become the sex toy of a B.A. Baracus look alike.

Just my opinion that's all.  :evilgrin:  :signLOL: