Make a donation

Author Topic: Does baby=5 door?  (Read 6027 times)

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Does baby=5 door?
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 07:25:21 am »
Getting a child in the back of a 3 door car that doesn't want to be in there is a lot like trying to get a cat in a bath tub.
......... :grin: very true. :congrats:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Stumpey

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Sunbury Weather
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2013, 07:50:34 am »

might i add that this is my first 5 dr car and ive been driving a total of 21 years now (how old does that make me feel right about now)  :confused:

....Pah! I've been driving 48 years.

Yep 38 years for me thats longer than some members of this forum have been in this "mortal coil"..... also my first 5 door :)

Offline liam81

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Re: Does baby=5 door?
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2013, 08:50:07 am »
I was using a 3 door mg zr until my son was about 2 and found I managed most the time, baby seat was the type with a base which I think helped getting him in and out in the early stages but the misses did pester me now and then to get a 5 door. Her only requirements was a 5 door hatchback so I brought an edition 30 and love it

Offline mo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 11:16:12 am »

might i add that this is my first 5 dr car and ive been driving a total of 21 years now (how old does that make me feel right about now)  :confused:

....Pah! I've been driving 48 years.
:surprised:
2007 Ed30 Superchips Bluefin Stg 1
RNS510 & MDI

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Re: Does baby=5 door?
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2013, 09:43:36 pm »
I was using a 3 door mg zr until my son was about 2 and found I managed most the time, baby seat was the type with a base which I think helped getting him in and out in the early stages but the misses did pester me now and then to get a 5 door. Her only requirements was a 5 door hatchback so I brought an edition 30 and love it
always found the mg cars to be to tinny, hard ride with a very basic front cabin layout,
fast cars but that put me of buying one a few years back

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 10:37:08 pm »
5 door. can not imagine trying to cope with getting a child in a car seat via a 3 door especially when they approach/get to toddler age - they put on the pounds and start thrashing about like a fish out of water. I'm reasonably young and still fairly supple but i want to stay that way rather than hit middle age with a f'd-up back  :laugh:

Offline MrDo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 02:00:40 am »
You can get by with a 3 door but a 5 is going to be easier.

We switched to a 5 door GTI (from a 2 seater) because we have a young baby with another on the way. Yet, I grew up with my folks having two door cars (Triumph Herald and a couple of Alfa Romeo Alfa Suds) and we got by ok.

One tip..... because we live in a small London flat we take our now 8 month old out of the baby seat and leave the seat in the back of the car. We just dont have the space for it in the flat. Out of town I see most folk take the baby seat out of the car with the baby in it when they get home. Baby might stay asleep if you are lucky, but you will wake them when you take them out of the seat so only delaying the inevitable and young babies shouldn't spend too long in a car seat, it's not good for their backs.  Just take baby out of the seat and leave it in the car.... less weight to lift and easier to get in and out of a car, especially a 3 door.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:11:44 am by MrDo »