Make a donation

Author Topic: Which size speakers?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Timi8888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Which size speakers?
« on: February 05, 2013, 12:17:19 pm »
Looking to upgrade the sound in my car.

Will be getting an aftermarket head unit. What front speakers should I get, and what size? Will I need an amp for this?

Also will get a sub in the boot. Just want a bit of improvement on how loud I can listen to my music, as it distorts so easily. I'm not too bothered if it is not the best quality.
Sig to big.

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: Which size speakers?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 01:42:22 pm »
Let me know your budget and I can put something together for you. Will do you a good deal for HU, speakers and amp.

Not necessary to go with a sub as you can run good 3 ways amped in the front and still produce really good base.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Timi8888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 02:03:22 pm »
Would you need an amp to run the front speakers?

And the cheaper the better really. Just wanna improve it, but not too bothered with it being amazing sounding. What do you think?
Sig to big.

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:51:09 pm »
My basic recommendation is a decent quality HU, good quality 2 way fronts while the rears are stock running off the deck. This will give you a good boost in sound clarity and volume. Unfortunately though, in this game, you get what you pay for. Give me a number and I'll work something out for you. To get much better sound, you would really want at least a 2 channel amp and 3 ways up front.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Timi8888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 03:21:16 pm »
I'm not looking for amazing sound quality. 2ways up front running on built in head unit amps would be good enough? with a sub enclosure with amp?
Sig to big.

Offline dub singh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 13
  • Snakebite Chasers...
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 09:52:26 pm »
Decent headunit, good quality door speakers - focal, hertz, rainbow etc. Or Jbl, infinity if your on a very small budget.
And definitely get yourself an amp to run them. Buying upgraded speakers and not amping them is just pointless to be honest.

I'd recommend a good 4 channel amp and run it in tri-mode. 2 channels for your comps, and then last 2 channels to run a decent sub.
If you're having Audio problems i feel bad for ya son... I've got 99 problems but Bass aint one!

Offline Timi8888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 10:50:33 am »
What is the maximum mounting depth for my front speakers? And the standard ones are 17cm aren't they?
Sig to big.

Offline dub singh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 13
  • Snakebite Chasers...
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 10:45:09 pm »
Mounting depth shouldn't be a problem unless your going three way upfront. The mounting depth for the 6.5 driver and tweeter is quite forgiving. It's only a problem with the 3.5 mid which is quite shallow.

If you're having Audio problems i feel bad for ya son... I've got 99 problems but Bass aint one!

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 08:33:21 am »
Decent headunit, good quality door speakers - focal, hertz, rainbow etc. Or Jbl, infinity if your on a very small budget.
And definitely get yourself an amp to run them. Buying upgraded speakers and not amping them is just pointless to be honest.

Agreed.