Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM Nokia cradle upgrade  (Read 575 times)

Offline Rustybear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 2
OEM Nokia cradle upgrade
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:06:57 am »
I have a Nokia 6230 (I think that's the phone) OEM kit fitted to my 2006 with the cradle in dash etc, looking at the original receipt this was ordered as an extra by the first owner and was well pricey!!  Does anyone know where I can get a replacement Iphone 4 cradle for this and if it will work with the in build system please?  Suppose I could take the cradle out but what can I put where the whole will be?

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
Re: OEM Nokia cradle upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 05:33:34 pm »
I had this in my car when I bought it. I used it for a while but then changed my phone so it was no good.  I took the whole lot out and bought a replacement glovebox off eBay so I wasn't left with a hole and fitted the Skoda Bluetooth kit.

I think there is some sort of VW Bluetooth adapter now that can be connected instead of the cradle. Have a search as I'm sure its been mentioned recently

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You

Offline Rustybear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:29:05 pm »
Ok thanks. How do I take the cradle of? You mentioned new glovebox?? Was thinking of placing a parrot kit over any whole left.

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 04:23:01 am »
The bit the phone sits in unclips and leaves the other bit fixed to the dash. It's fixed from behind so you would have to take the glovebox out to get to it. If you did remove it you would have fixing holes and a hole for the wiring.  I just got a new glovebox as it comes with the bit of dash that the cradle is fixed to