Make a donation

Author Topic: Stolen Audi BBQ - Did they get what they deserved?  (Read 9370 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: Stolen Audi BBQ - Did they get what they deserved?
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2013, 11:12:29 am »
Thes plenty of people dragged themselves out of a sh*t life, just as there's plenty go from good homes to ruin. The former a far less likely, due to the cycle of hell they get dragged into in order to survive.
Sideways yo!

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2013, 11:53:38 am »
Many of societies problems seem to stem from bad upbringing/poor parenting.

Some turn it around...most probably don't.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2013, 07:54:53 pm »
Shame they wasted their lives, but no sympathy from me. They made a choice to steal, they made a choice to drive in the way that lead to their demise. Glad no innocent law abiding person was killed by these thieving reckless morons.
As said before - I feel sorry for those in the services that have had to clear up the carnage.

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2013, 01:02:25 am »
At the risk of sounding all wussy....

My first reaction was tough tits, then for some reason I got the image in my head of a kid waiting for their Dad or brother to come home. Adults can at least rationalise loss and accept it, to some degree.

This was 100% avoidable, and it's an absolutely selfish loss of life, but there'll possibly be people suffering because of this that shouldn't be. I can't turn off my compassion like that.

I believe that everyone deserves a second chance and can be rehabilitated if they want to. Some people such as Dale Cregan are way beyond that and need removing from society for ever.

The other thing that bothers me is knowing the Police will in some way be blamed by certain groups for this, the same ones who think because something is insured it's a victimless crime "they can afford it, they'll get paid out" like some sort of twisted Robin Hood scenario. They seem to get angry that the police try to stop them committing crime, like its their right to do so and they've no choice but to.

And there lies the problem... these people have no interest in stopping doing what they do, so long as they get away with a rap on the knuckles.

If everyone who committed a crime wanted to be rehabilitated and 'changed there ways' then it would be fantastic.... however...

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2013, 07:45:18 pm »
Yes. And I dont give two f**ks about the families of scum either , Im more annoyed about the cars that have been damaged tbh , car theives and other associated vermin like druggies are lower than dogsh*t to me.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

R32UK

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2013, 08:00:59 pm »
Another audi off the road cant be a bad thing!!

:P

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2013, 09:29:13 pm »
Yes. And I dont give two f**ks about the families of scum either , Im more annoyed about the cars that have been damaged tbh , car theives and other associated vermin like druggies are lower than dogsh*t to me.

All I can say is that I'm glad there are people is this world that show compassion and understanding, and who value human life above pieces of metal.

I was listening to my Grandad, who is in his late 80s, talk about letting some young offenders into his house last week (as part of some Government rehabilitation scheme where they help the elderly). His neighbours had seemed shocked that he had let them into his house, to which he replied by saying that if no one gives them a chance, then what hope do they have of changing, of turning their life around.

Earlier in this thread Robin disagreed with me when I said that some people are born without a chance of becoming a good person. I firmly believe that the children that are born into families where crime and poverty have been ingrained for generations start life with little hope of success, or a normal life. Their teachers won't tell them otherwise, their families won't tell them otherwise, and their peers won't tell them otherwise.

It all too easy for people to generalise, to call people scum, to say they are worthless without even the merest consideration of how they arrived in that predicament.

And by the way, the person my Grandad let in his house was a 16-year-old girl who had made some mistakes, fallen in with the wrong crowd and became involved with drugs, but who was desperately trying to make her life different. With some of the attitudes displayed round here tell me that person has a choice, a choice when she is cast into the gutter classified as scum.

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2013, 10:12:10 pm »

All I can say is that I'm glad there are people is this world that show compassion and understanding, and who value human life above pieces of metal.

I was listening to my Grandad, who is in his late 80s, talk about letting some young offenders into his house last week (as part of some Government rehabilitation scheme where they help the elderly). His neighbours had seemed shocked that he had let them into his house, to which he replied by saying that if no one gives them a chance, then what hope do they have of changing, of turning their life around.

Earlier in this thread Robin disagreed with me when I said that some people are born without a chance of becoming a good person. I firmly believe that the children that are born into families where crime and poverty have been ingrained for generations start life with little hope of success, or a normal life. Their teachers won't tell them otherwise, their families won't tell them otherwise, and their peers won't tell them otherwise.

It all too easy for people to generalise, to call people scum, to say they are worthless without even the merest consideration of how they arrived in that predicament.

And by the way, the person my Grandad let in his house was a 16-year-old girl who had made some mistakes, fallen in with the wrong crowd and became involved with drugs, but who was desperately trying to make her life different. With some of the attitudes displayed round here tell me that person has a choice, a choice when she is cast into the gutter classified as scum.

Hi Andrew,

Although i dont agree with a couple of your point on this thread, i do respect your opinion.

I wont go as far to say i think the 2 thieves certainly deserved to die for this but i also don't have much sympathy for them either and i like to think im a pretty compassionate and understanding person.

I think most people on here, like your Grandad, would have no issue with helping young offenders as part of a rehabilitation scheme. Im sure you would agree (and as would most poeple on here) that the vast majority of people deserve a second chance to sort their lives out.

On the flip side though Andrew, how would you feel if 2 thieves broke into your house, possibly holding your family at knife point, forcing you to hand over the keys to your car that you have worked so hard to buy? Then, how would you feel upon learning the 2 thieves had been ragging your car all over the place without a second thought for anyone else's safety had crashed and died? Would you still feel that same compassion and understanding of those two individuals?

Rich

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2013, 10:22:05 pm »
Yes, because that's the sort of person I am. I'd feel terrible in that situation.

And before anyone asks, yes I have been directly affected by crime.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2013, 11:58:48 pm »

....I still think that in spite of growing up in the type of circumstances which you describe, an individual can still be a good person. But I do understand and accept how difficult it may be.

I also believe in compassion in some circumstances.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2013, 09:51:02 pm »
Having nearly been run over this afternoon on a zebra crossing whilst pushing my 18month son in his buggy by some kun't in a black scirroco who was doing nearly 70 and could only brake to about 50 before bailing out and just sailing across the crossing - fortunately i only ever go slowly when crossing zebras unless i know traffic in both directions has stopped - i can safely say after this display of total kun't driving behavior in a built up area putting my son's life at peril, that had i seen the tw@ts in the audi crash and burn not only would i have cackled hysterically i would have also proceeded to bust out my best happy dance  :jumpmove:

little scroats got everything they deserved, shame the knob head today wont get his (just yet):happy2:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:53:06 pm by Frenzy »

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2013, 07:41:26 am »
I must admit I had a similar rant when some knob in a mk5 nearly wiped out my twins and pooch when the roads were stupid icy last year......

When you involve family it makes you triple emotive and yeh I think I would have been warming my hands on the inevitable BBQ whilst watching them burn if that had ended in similar circumstances to this lot