Make a donation

Author Topic: Another French defectie  (Read 15267 times)

Offline Rocket

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • On the hunt for my first GTI
    • Carbon fibre skins from vinyls to parts
Re: Another French defectie
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2010, 07:54:56 am »
I have just gone the other way, from a 197 to a Golf R32. The Clio was a great little car, but it only does fast. You can't really stick one in 6th and cruise down a motorway in one, it belongs on a B-road or a track. My favourite giant-killer vid is this one, where a Clio driver who appears to know the Nordschleife very well hassles a Porsche driver who obviously doesn't!

Thats why I went to an R26, the clio is a great B-road/track car, but for everyday and motorways its no fun. I do miss mine, and there is a supercharger that may be ready next year, so might end up back in one for a bit of super-fun! lol

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2010, 08:20:55 am »
I have just gone the other way, from a 197 to a Golf R32. The Clio was a great little car, but it only does fast. You can't really stick one in 6th and cruise down a motorway in one, it belongs on a B-road or a track. My favourite giant-killer vid is this one, where a Clio driver who appears to know the Nordschleife very well hassles a Porsche driver who obviously doesn't!

shame it had to end like that, does say alot about that clio driver, thanks for stopping mate!

Dude you DO NOT stop on the Nürburgring. The marshals will be all over that in a flash. If you stopped, you'd make the situation even more dangerous. What would you do if you stopped anyway? Make him a brew  :signLOL:

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 10:22:21 am »

Thats why I went to an R26, the clio is a great B-road/track car, but for everyday and motorways its no fun. I do miss mine, and there is a supercharger that may be ready next year, so might end up back in one for a bit of super-fun! lol

The main issue I had was the 4K rpm on the motorway, which a supercharger wouldn't fix. In fact, the car would be even louder, wouldn't it!

You'd probably need to get a longer 5th and 6th gear fitted to make it an everyday car. There was a guy on 197.net whose car went bang on the rollers after having a supercharger fitted. Never really heard anymore about it after that.