Make a donation

Author Topic: ** UV Privacy Shades (3 door) **  (Read 35657 times)

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: ** UV Privacy Shades (3 door) **
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2009, 08:48:43 pm »
got mine today and fitted them in a few mins and they look great :jumpmove:    they just look like normal tints when stood about 15 feet back, im well pleased with them  :smiley:
Still Here!

Neil

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2010, 05:11:14 pm »
Sorry to drag a bit of an old thread up, I`m just wondering how people have got on with these blinds after they`ve had them in use for a while. Still worth the money, are you happy with the quality? I`d considered tinting the rear half of the car but these blind may be just what I need.

Ta  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2010, 05:16:17 pm »
^^^^
I know that Saint Steve has them and is very pleased with them. Doubtless he'll be along soon to tell you himself.

Btw, no need to apologise for resurrecting an old thread - The info contained is just as relevant and helpful to people now as it was originally. Also, new people are continually joining the forum. :drinking:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 05:18:36 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2010, 06:01:01 pm »
Yes they are still good more than 12 months on. I have them in and and all the time and they still fit perfectly.  :happy2:

Saint Steve

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2010, 06:11:45 pm »
Yes they are still good more than 12 months on. I have them in and and all the time and they still fit perfectly.  :happy2:
X2

DelB

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2010, 06:52:47 pm »
Have just ordered a set of these for my car and set for the wifes C-Max too. It works out £200 cheaper than tinting the windows on both cars!  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2010, 07:00:37 pm »
They look like tinted windows from the outside but I wonder what they're like to see out of while driving at night (rear window particularly).

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Saint Steve

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2010, 07:03:27 pm »
They look like tinted windows from the outside but I wonder what they're like to see out of while driving at night (rear window particularly).

As dark as it is without robin  :chicken:

No issues with mine at all. Prefer them to screen/window tints.Same as anything new, in the mind at first but after a few weeks you forget they are there.

Also if you ever sell up, you can re-coup the cost by selling on  :wink:

Also helps vastly reduce wind noise in the back with the rear door windows wound down.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:06:32 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:21 pm »

Also helps vastly reduce wind noise in the back with the rear door windows wound down.

....That aspect of them sounds more attractive to me. I wouldn't want a rear window tint/shade.

Neil

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2010, 08:27:40 pm »
Thanks for the helpful replies, that`s made my mind up then, I`ll be ordering some  :happy2:

Neil

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2010, 12:40:43 pm »
Thanks for the helpful replies, that`s made my mind up then, I`ll be ordering some  :happy2:

I tried numerous times to get through to Palmautomotive/Vanstyle on the phone, when I did they dont have any instock although their website says they do. It could be a few weeks before they have them so I`ve put something up in the wanted section just incase anyone has a set for a 5 door that they no longer need.

gaz b

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2010, 01:08:18 pm »

I got my 5 door shades from the wanted section Neil. They do come up somtimes.  Still look as good as when I bought them. Well worth the money! :happy2:

Going to come in really handy now too with a nipper on the way. :jumpmove:

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2010, 11:35:48 pm »
I talked them into a group buy last year, but nobody else wanted them, said they would do them for about 15% off retail if 5 people were interested.
May be worth getting in touch with them if you wanted to sort one out again.
I have a set in my 5 door, but I don't use the rear one, think it makes the rear view too dark at night.

Neil

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2010, 09:07:46 am »

I have a set in my 5 door, but I don't use the rear one, think it makes the rear view too dark at night.

Al, you could sell me your rear one then if you don`t use it?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2010, 12:07:52 pm »
^^^^
Do you have to buy a complete set? I definitely won't want one in my rear window!