Make a donation

Author Topic: collinite 476s application  (Read 1401 times)

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
collinite 476s application
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:41:46 pm »
Hi Guys quick q iv just purchased the above and wonderd what is the best way to apply it,may sound silly i know but should it be applied with a damp spong like the aghdw or apply it dry with a lint free cloth,just dont want to give myself any more work if i get it wrong as this is the first time i have used the collintie thank you all in advance

Dougie :happy2: :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: collinite 476s application
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:52:35 pm »
I'm sure most guys use applicator pads like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0009IQZPW/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9557946789&ref=asc_df_B0009IQZPW

I use similar pads for my polish and sealant so assume you would use them for wax also :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 03:17:51 pm »
Hi Guys quick q iv just purchased the above and wonderd what is the best way to apply it,may sound silly i know but should it be applied with a damp spong like the aghdw or apply it dry with a lint free cloth,just dont want to give myself any more work if i get it wrong as this is the first time i have used the collintie thank you all in advance

I use a damp sponge similar to the AGHDW one.

If you are using Colinite wax for the first time, can I suggest you do one panel at a time. I tried to do the whole car on then off- total nightmare, almost died! :rolleye:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=q04u1g7bqefnbis8n8eckvn7so&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:19:12 pm »

I use a damp sponge similar to the AGHDW one.

If you are using Colinite wax for the first time, can I suggest you do one panel at a time. I tried to do the whole car on then off- total nightmare, almost died! :rolleye:

Absolutely  :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 03:59:45 pm »
Been there done that! Very first time I used collinite, I applied it to the whole car and it was a PITA to buff off. Ditto with Lime Prime.

Mist the applicator pad with a quick detailer spray.
For the first application, I try to break the "skin" that forms over the top of the wax either with my finger or just rubbing the applicator pad.
Make sure you don't have too much on the pad and don't put too much on the car. A quarter of a turn of the pad on the wax should be enough to load it so you can do a panel at least.
I apply to two panels at a time, let it cure (when you can swipe your finger and leave a clean trail, it's ready) then buff off.
I also find it easier if the buffing cloth has been misted with quick detailer too.
Repeat the second coat 48 hours later.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 04:26:16 pm »
cant thank you enough especially Mandy/stealthwolf you have all answerd my conserns and more,tbh i would of had done the same as in the full car,i take it the results outway the amount of graft needed to be put in. thank you all again welk im gonna attack my tornado red tomorro weather permiting (scotland) lmao

Dougie   :happy2: