Make a donation

Author Topic: What are you doing for Valentines?  (Read 3270 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: What are you doing for Valentines?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 11:09:59 am »
Bought the wife 100 red roses and a bottle of channel perfume  :love:
also bought a gift for my son to his big sister and vice versa, only 4 & 7yrs old lol but they love gifts.
I got a chocolate red rose with the Sainsburys tag on it and a little cuddly toy which my son has claimed  :ashamed:
Glad i didnt buy diamonds ffs

Sh*t a brick Scott! 100 roses. Paris or Rome for the weekend would have been cheaper.  :laugh:

I paid about £40 for a dozen and got told off for wasting money on flowers, You can't win!!  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:56:53 am by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 11:16:50 am »
A hundred roses? sh*t that musta been steep... I hate buying flowers... I paid £75 for a boquet last year and it was piss poor... such a waste they die in a week and thats if your lucky!

I chose to waste my money on other things for the wench this year... an android tablet that was an absolute steal of ebays daily deals, 12 roses, chocolates and cooked her a meal....

JOB DONE! :)

unfortuantely not quite the 'JOB' I was hoping for tho!! FML :fighting:

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 11:24:31 am »
You can't win

Now there is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I recently got 'caught' buying R32 rear lights...now I have to fork out for both of us for our trip to Scotland :fighting: :fighting:. In fairness when she said "but there's nothing wrong with the lights you have" she has a point. :grin:
'07 Red manual

Offline Sportline30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 11:27:08 am »
Spoilt my wife rotten... cooked pancakes that we didn't have on Tuesday even splashed out on 8p pancake mix from Asda's.  :love:  she's easily pleased.

My question is what did all the dudes get on valentines day ? it's not just for the women.   :signLOL:

Does everyone have to hide what they buy for there cars from the misses like TORTARUGA I know I do..

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 11:28:50 am »
Bit of retail therapy (New Oakley sunglasses and a couple of new T Shirts), nice bit of lunch and then off to the Golf club for my Golf lesson, thats how I spent my day  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 11:37:54 am »
didnt see mine, wont be seeing her till saturday

gives me chance to buy things on knock down prices after the day

result

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 12:09:57 pm »
I bought my wife a new Bentley convertible and had it filled with Beluga caviar which I caught with my own bare hands whilst swimming in the Caspian Sea the other day. Might be extravagant, but at least you cant say it's a cliché.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 01:59:43 pm »
Barring the Hand Caught, sounds like a footballers Wag valentines day (or if your from London that would be Fut-bler as per Jamie Redknapps pronuniciation).  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 02:31:35 pm »
Inspired by Stephen Ireland™

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 03:58:22 pm »
OVERPRICED meal and flowers and a nice hotel.  The hotel was actaully fairly priced.  The lady in question is worth her weight in gold so I shall not complain.  Plus I got my rewards later that night!  :signLOL:

3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2013, 08:54:17 pm »
also bought a gift for my son to his big sister and vice versa, only 4 & 7yrs old lol but they love gifts.
I got a chocolate red rose with the Sainsburys tag on it and a little cuddly toy which my son has claimed  :ashamed:

100 red roses from interflora are 500 quid.... so youre either very silly, or feeling very guilty about something!
lol calm down with the £500 from interflora, i have seen the interflora ones and man what a rip off.
Mine cost £50 from marks & spencers for 100 roses, yep only £50, it was the only one on display and it was presented in a black plastic bucket lol  :surprised:
What a cheek putting them on display like that, anyway i bought a £5 bunch of white flowery things from asda to go with it and once i got home i put them into a huge vase mixed with the white ( flowery things ) pruned them etc, couple of bows here and there and bobs your uncle - perfection.
So £55 for that display with a bit of dressing up.
On the other hand £92 for a bottle of Chanel   :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: that's a bit steep for a 100ml bottle of perfume.
She is treating me to a meal tomorrow though at a nice restaurant ( emm with the £80 of tesco vouchers that ( I ) collected lol )
All comes out of one pot at the end of the day  :love:

Whats the most anyone has splashed out on a present for the other half anyway, bet someone has bought a car or something  ???

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2013, 09:01:25 pm »

Sh*t a brick Scott! 100 roses. Paris or Rome for the weekend would have been cheaper.  :laugh:

I paid about £40 for a dozen and got told off for wasting money on flowers, You can't win!!  :signLOL:
Man tell me about it, that's exactly what she said to me when i gave her them, As you say YOU CANT WIN LOL.
Whilst i was waiting for the lady in Boots to wrap up the perfume i bought her i was wanderring about in the shop and i bought a box of Durex, now they where £11 but if you bought 2 boxes it was only £12.99 so i did,,, should have seen her face when i told her i topped up the supply and the SECOND packet was some lovely tropical flavour ones,,, it was a look of ( yeah right )
never mind lol they expire in 2018  :laugh:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2013, 09:09:24 pm »

100 red roses from interflora are 500 quid.... so youre either very silly, or feeling very guilty about something!
lol calm down with the £500 from interflora, i have seen the interflora ones and man what a rip off.
Mine cost £50 from marks & spencers for 100 roses, yep only £50, it was the only one on display and it was presented in a black plastic bucket lol  :surprised:
What a cheek putting them on display like that, anyway i bought a £5 bunch of white flowery things from asda to go with it and once i got home i put them into a huge vase mixed with the white ( flowery things ) pruned them etc, couple of bows here and there and bobs your uncle - perfection.
On the other hand £92 for a bottle of Chanel   :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: that's a bit steep for a 100ml bottle of perfume.
She is treating me to a meal tomorrow though at a nice restaurant ( emm with the £80 of tesco vouchers that ( I ) collected lol )

Whats the most anyone has splashed out on a present for the other half anyway, bet someone has bought a car or something  ???

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2013, 09:23:20 pm »

lol very good  :congrats:
i think it was more like the second picture of the women,
class

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=mkqnp7rgsd3jmi8idk7e4fjc5j&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2013, 11:14:40 pm »

I little bit of wee popped out. LOL