Make a donation

Author Topic: 41mpg!!!!  (Read 10901 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: 41mpg!!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2009, 06:16:47 pm »
Cool, didnt realise you had a Mk5!  :happy2:

Used to absolutely love your Mk3 VR6. Was so clean, under the arches were absolutely spotless......yes, i admit i did the rub test when we were judging the show'n'shine at Malvern one year!!  :laugh:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2009, 06:30:13 pm »
his cupra r was a bit clean too :happy2:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline sixpot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2009, 06:45:30 pm »
Cool, didnt realise you had a Mk5!  :happy2:

Used to absolutely love your Mk3 VR6. Was so clean, under the arches were absolutely spotless......yes, i admit i did the rub test when we were judging the show'n'shine at Malvern one year!!  :laugh:

Yeah, they were the days! I do miss the noise of the VR  :happy2: The car was sold to a guy in Scotland, who put it into a tree pretty much soon after he got it!
I have left the show scene now and the mk 5 is a daily driver, although I try to keep it as clean as I can much to the enjoyment of the neighbours, who think I have a screw loose or something!!

Offline sixpot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2009, 06:47:48 pm »
his cupra r was a bit clean too :happy2:

I still get people asking me how I managed to keep it so clean! might of had something to do with only having 12k on the clock at 3.5 years old!!
Another car I miss taking to shows.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2009, 07:29:25 pm »
CupraR was indeed mint, with a fantastic retrim as well. Im the same, anal when i do clean it, but its still a daily. Always rains when i clean my car anyway, i think the neighbours must do a raindance in spite.

Offline andytran

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2009, 07:14:23 pm »
Back on the mpg issue....

I have just returned from a dirty weekend in York, then a few days in Newcastle followed by a few more in Falkirk then back home to Peterhead, North of Aberdeen.

Took it steady, pretty much adhering to speed limits all the way.

My average mpg over 990 miles of driving......38.5mpg. Pretty good for a 200bhp petrol car!

I had the odd moments when I had to stop a focus ST driver from thinking he was in a Ferrari, but generally just as I said, not driving like a granny, but adhering to the limits...most of the time.

OOO also, gotta say, after 990miles in 6 days, both the wife and I thought this car was the most comfortable we have owned. Especially good after 2 nights in the worlds most uncomfortable bed in the Ramada in York!!!

Andy

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 07:52:45 pm »
My best (long trip at about 60mph) was 36.1 average from 2.0Tfsi (with a fer mods  :evilgrin:)

Offline mixit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • NEVER GROW UP
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2009, 02:07:39 pm »

I have just returned from a dirty weekend in York, then a few days in Newcastle followed by a few more in Falkirk then back home to Peterhead, North of Aberdeen.

My average mpg over 990 miles of driving......38.5mpg. Pretty good for a 200bhp petrol car!

I had the odd moments when I had to stop a focus ST driver from thinking he was in a Ferrari, but generally just as I said, not driving like a granny, but adhering to the limits...most of the time.

OOO also, gotta say, after 990miles in 6 days, both the wife and I thought this car was the most comfortable we have owned. Especially good after 2 nights in the worlds most uncomfortable bed in the Ramada in York!!!

Andy

I hope you had a really nice time Andy, but unless a lot of it was very twisty, almost 1000 miles adhering to the UK's wonderful speed limits sounds like purgatory to me.  Even a metronomic 70 on a motorway could hardly be described as adrenaline pumping.  :indifferent:

Please tell me you had a play and maybe even crossed arms at some point  :wink:

Offline NotNormal

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2009, 05:46:48 pm »
Today i've done :

Louth to Southampton back to Lincoln (500miles give or take)

I averaged 50.3mpg on the computer and when i filled up and worked out the actual econ, it was 50.1mpg

Not bad huh

Total time was 7hrs 30 mins inc 3 stops

:driver:
Don't judge me by your ability !

Current daily crapper - Audi A6 Avant 3.0tdi SLine Quattro

Previous favourite rides :

BMW E92 335d M/Sport (351/520)
BMW  E92 335d SE (339/500)
Golf MK5 GT170 Diesel Sport (220/330)
Audi S4 (B6) - Noggy blue (366bhp)
Evo VI (6 ;) ) RSII - Scotia White (420bhp)
Astravan Sportive 1.9 CDTi - 190bhp
Astra GTE (MK2) Turbo (

Offline andytran

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2009, 07:40:00 pm »
Today i've done :

I averaged 50.3mpg on the computer and when i filled up and worked out the actual econ, it was 50.1mpg

Not bad huh

:surprised:

Gotta be an oil burner!!

Offline andytran

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2009, 07:43:51 pm »

Andy

I hope you had a really nice time Andy, but unless a lot of it was very twisty, almost 1000 miles adhering to the UK's wonderful speed limits sounds like purgatory to me.  Even a metronomic 70 on a motorway could hardly be described as adrenaline pumping.  :indifferent:

Please tell me you had a play and maybe even crossed arms at some point  :wink:

Mate, had a nice bit of fun on the roads north of the M8 around Stirling - never got sideways or crossed my arms Im afraid.

Only thing I can say in defence was that this was meant to be a relaxing week away from the kids - its really amazing how calm you can arrive at your destination when you have driven in a law abiding manner! Certainly surprised me!

On a seperate point, I can confirm my car will it 140mph and feels rock solid at that speed - unfortunately, the PRIVATE test track I was on ran out of road to go any faster  :ashamed:

andy

Offline NotNormal

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2009, 08:10:20 pm »
Today i've done :

Not bad huh

:surprised:

Gotta be an oil burner!!

:happy2:
Don't judge me by your ability !

Current daily crapper - Audi A6 Avant 3.0tdi SLine Quattro

Previous favourite rides :

BMW E92 335d M/Sport (351/520)
BMW  E92 335d SE (339/500)
Golf MK5 GT170 Diesel Sport (220/330)
Audi S4 (B6) - Noggy blue (366bhp)
Evo VI (6 ;) ) RSII - Scotia White (420bhp)
Astravan Sportive 1.9 CDTi - 190bhp
Astra GTE (MK2) Turbo (

Offline pazz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2009, 09:16:06 pm »
I normally know I've done well if I manage 370 miles to a tank in the ED30.

Short journeys to work everyday doesnt help things.

I expect this to get better after I rack the miles up. She's only done 20k at the mo.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2009, 10:01:35 pm »
just done a trip away from Southampton to ashbourne in the Peak district, around the district and including a visit to Snake Pass and Averaged 35.4 mpg.Completed 550 miles, Had to fuel up with some fuel ive not even heard of as ashbourne doesnt have a Petrol station that is any of the mainstream brands :mad:. Well chuffed

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2009, 10:07:24 pm »
Thats a good return Steve, Im taking it you were fully loaded up to?