Make a donation

Author Topic: Swapping DV made care Soooooo Much Better !!! (badly torn DV)  (Read 3958 times)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Swapping DV made care Soooooo Much Better !!! (badly torn DV)
« on: February 17, 2013, 07:17:01 pm »
Ok fellas, now all you veterans will laugh and say "of course". But when i bought my GTI back in November is was the first turbo car a have ever had. It seemed to hold boost nice and really flew the gears.

Thinking of having my re-map done soon, so decided just to replace my DV with a new Rev G version just for precaution and better results.

Not think it had a tear in my DV, took it off and wow was i shocked....it has a massive tear in it.

Now up till this point i really thought it was fine as the performance was good. Put the new one in and OMG !!!! It is a totally different car.... unbelievable the difference it made.

Know i know quite a few of you will be like as if you couldnt tell......But if you buy your car from a deal and you dont know what its suppose to feel like then it hard to tell, as in my case there were no tell tales sign that people have spoke about of here....like loss of power or a whistling noise.

Or well, just a message to other non-Vag Veterans, just change it anyway - you might be surprised like me.....Loving the GTI even more now.

Pics of tear:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:08:49 pm by GTI-Ross »
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Think your GTI is fast, think Again !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:02:02 pm »
Good news, and cheaper than a remap!  :laugh:

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 08:10:57 pm »
Nice one!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 08:20:35 pm »
Good news, and cheaper than a remap!  :laugh:

With similar results.  :laugh:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 08:24:06 pm »
Nice one :happy2:

And stop biting your finger nails :laugh:

Offline andybon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 09:50:08 pm »
Do the diesel versions have similar problems?
How hard can it be?

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 10:29:16 pm »

Thanks for advise....bit most of them away when watching the Bradford vs Villa game ..... Wembley Next week....Whoop Whoop  :pomppomp: :pomppomp:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 11:12:53 pm by GTI-Ross »
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Ianmr

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 10:42:37 pm »
Hmm, now this has got me thinking! This is my first turbo (had an Ibiza Cupra before which was twin charged, bought the GTI in November) and I've recently fitted a Neuspeed pipe and filter.

Since fitted the induction noise is ALOT louder and it does feel like it pulls that tiny bit harder, however along with the loud induction noise it now make a strange flutie noise as you go over 4k revs?

Thoughts :S
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:51:05 pm by Ianmr »

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 10:46:53 pm »
Any indication in the service book if its had it done.....Just one of them things, if you feel 10% unsure if it has a rip (like i did), then just change it, the new Rev-G felt so much better.

Offline Ianmr

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 10:53:18 pm »
I'll be having a good read through tomorrow night to check as lucky I seem to have every scrap of paper for this car. If not I'll get it on the ramps at the weekend and I guess that will reveal the truth.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 11:05:49 pm »

Thanks for advise....bit most of them away when watching the Bradford vs Villa game ..... Wembley Next week....Whop Whop  :pomppomp: :pomppomp:

Im going aswell,  :happy2: :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 11:13:42 pm »
I'll be having a good read through tomorrow night to check as lucky I seem to have every scrap of paper for this car. If not I'll get it on the ramps at the weekend and I guess that will reveal the truth.

Sure will mate....Cant believe how big my split was and still felt fast.... :confused:

Offline Rachael

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 10:01:21 am »
That's a massive split!

Still torn between the D and G!

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 10:25:32 am »
G is the way forward, every one says it hold boost better, and its not pron top split with it been thicker material.

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 11:08:09 am »
Hmm, now this has got me thinking! This is my first turbo (had an Ibiza Cupra before which was twin charged, bought the GTI in November) and I've recently fitted a Neuspeed pipe and filter.

Since fitted the induction noise is ALOT louder and it does feel like it pulls that tiny bit harder, however along with the loud induction noise it now make a strange flutie noise as you go over 4k revs?

Thoughts :S

I get the flute sound from my itg maxogen mate, and I'm already running a rev d dv. Ive been told its quite normal for some intakes. I find mune does it more when it under load
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come