Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 Miltek Help Stage 2 Upgrade!!!  (Read 1198 times)

Offline billyk277

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Edition 30 Miltek Help Stage 2 Upgrade!!!
« on: February 18, 2013, 12:53:56 pm »
Right i'm a newbie with a 305bhp with a Stage 1 and I want to push some more out of it  :happy2:

First question is: I want to put a Milltek system on the car, do I have to put a complete system on? If not what can I use of my original parts

ITG Maxogen or Forge Twintercooler? Which one is better?

What else do you recommend I do with this toy?
VW Golf GTI MK5 Edition 30 5DR Reflex Silver - Sunroof, Xenons, RNS510, DSG
FR&R Stage 1 - 305BHP, Forge Dump Valve

Audi RS3 - Buckets, Aluminum Styling, Miltek Decat Pipe
FR&R Stage 1 - 425 BHP

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Edition 30 Miltek Help Stage 2 Upgrade!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:16:47 pm »
i think you mean Maxogen vs. TwinTake, and you'll get 100 people with 100 different opinions on this. my personal opinion is that for half the price you will get an intake that might actually only get you 3 or 4bhp less and your money is better spent elsewhere

for Stage 2 you only really need the downpipe and sports cat (i hesitate to recommend a decat as it's illegal and you'll fail an MOT). you can reuse your cat back, but you'll need to have a reducer sleeve made up. better option would be to get a Blueflame or BCS custom exhaust made for less money

i would however strongly advise considering brake and suspension upgrades before trying for more power.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline eddy_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:15:11 pm »
i think a reasonable improvement in power delivery can be had from upgrading the fuel pump, either with e new set of internals, or a whole new pump.

yet to do it myself, its on its way in the next weeks or two, but other members report the fuel pressure stays high under heavy acceleration at lower revs..
hence creating more 'power' lower down the rev range, which is probably where you'll feel it most..

just something else to throw into your thought process...

'08 Edition 30, DSG, Revo Stg 2+, DSG Stage 2 map, Milltek TBE,  Autotech HPFP internals, Forge DV, ITG CAI, front mounted machine guns, Porsche NQSBBK, SuperPro Antilift, H&R Rear ARB, retro fit armrest mdi, boot pop, Forge Twintercooler (cheeky little red hoses)..
VCDS-HEX+CAN

up next.. Wavetrak LSD and a front ARB

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 04:02:42 pm »
Evoms or ITG intake with forge recirc full milltek/blueflame etc with decat.. autotech hpfp and then revo stage 2+ and then start looking at upgrading the clutch :)
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline JigBake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 06:00:28 pm »
I have a Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust with sports cat, Autotech Fuel pump internals, Pipercross Panel filter and a Revo Stage 2+ remap. I personally cant get myself to spend nearly a £1000 on an induction kit and intercooler to chase the last few horse power. What it has now is more then fast enough and plenty of power. I love it.

It made 351bhp and 378lb/ft.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »
Evoms or ITG intake with forge recirc full milltek/blueflame etc with decat.. autotech hpfp and then revo stage 2+ and then start looking at upgrading the clutch :)

you'll need to think about a clutch way before this i imagine. some have problems at Stage 1! not something i have much experience of as i have one of those gearboxes like Michael Schooooooooooomacher.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 10:25:28 pm »
As above.

Have a uprated clutch in your plans from the go, so put £700-£1k aside for that, it will be needed. Look into Sachs or Helix IMHO.

It's a game of catch up when modding, if you change one thing and other things will need changing. If you add 20, 30 or even 50% more power you'll need to sort the cooling, brakes and handling.   

Forget a decat and look into a full turbo back exhaust system with 100-200 cell cat.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 10:35:31 pm »
does the golf use a different clutch to the S3 8P out of interest do any of you know?
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 08:36:21 am »
Well it uses the same engine so its a fair guess to say the clutch is the same.