Author Topic: DV  (Read 3196 times)

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Re: DV
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 07:58:22 pm »
Thanks all will be ordering it tonight, i actually found it cheaper if u go directly on to there website GermanAutoSpares and not though ebay its 29pound but i haven't looked up the delivery yet. 

I'll done a lot of research in to either revision G or D and chose to go with the G, I'm hoping to get her booked to to have eibach sport line springs fitted and while he was there though I may as well get the precat removed and replace the Diverter Valve too. Then hopefully a remap later on in the year. :party:

A Diverter Valve is directly on ko3 turbos on the standard GTIs and it stops pressure being pushed into the engine/turbo when you take your foot off the accelerator so you don't cause problems it also holds the pressure at WOT and accelerating

Im sure some one will add more or correct me  :happy2: :grin:
firstly apologies as im sure there is lots of threads on here about the DV valve.
I have a question though it may not be related to this, im kinda hoping it is to solve a query.
when sitting in the car doing anything other that putting my foot on the brake i get a slight blowing air sound out of the right hand side air vent, nothing actually blowing out but its almost like a low hissing noise.
Has been there since i bought the car, if i put my foot on the brake pedal even slightly it instantly dissapears, this sound is there 24/7 whether i am sitting idle or accelerating ( although you cant hear it then as its to quiet but it is def still there ).
This is nothing to do with the air con etc as it is there with it on or turned off, when i asked someone briefly at vw about it he came out and had a listen and said it may be the brake servo ? whatever that is, i have been meaning to look into it but because it isnt obvious i havent yet.
Could this be something to do with the DV ???
as im thinking about the hissing noise, prob not related but it is annoying.
I have a full 2 year warranty i purchased with a local(ish) garage who i kinda trust but wasnt sure if this problem was maybe beyond their skill set.
Does anyone elses car do this hissing sound under the circumstances i explained above ? maybe its normal.
Really stuck up here in Aberdeen for a garage that has good knowledge for anything other than normal car repairs, apart from vw i guess but not at their labour rates,,,, open cheque book to go there and even then it has been proven in the past that they aint that great at sorting vw's either.
My car is a 2008
Thank you guys and sorry for waffling again lol
 :happy2:

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 04:00:27 pm »
will a 2007 ed30 but fitted with this valve from stock?
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 04:07:22 pm »
^^^^ Which one?

You won't have a Revision D, more than likely a C, probably a G. For £40, it worth swapping your out anyway as it will be 5/6 years old and on the K04 its a 5 minutes change over.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 06:38:59 pm »
Cheers mate i just brought a forge recirc i know i know this cheaper oem part is supposed to be as good but i loved the noise it made on my old 8p s3
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 09:07:36 pm »
I had  mine changed from a rev C to a rev G a couple of weeks ago just as a precaution just before remapping.

This is what my rev C looked like:

In perfect condition even after 6 years :happy2:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:11:16 pm by Kalpsn2000 »
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 10:07:39 pm »
I had  mine changed from a rev C to a rev G a couple of weeks ago just as a precaution just before remapping.

This is what my rev C looked like:

In perfect condition even after 6 years :happy2:

You havent been beating it hard enough then........... :P
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 10:42:10 pm »
^^^

Yeah need to try harder to push my rev G to the limit :laugh:

Although mine is a low mileage example. 6 years old but only 34k on the clock.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline craig_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 07:02:09 am »
Will the DV in the link posted fit all mk5 GTI's or does it depend on the year of the car? I'm guessing it will but its just that it says in the description to check the part number first.. Wanting to order one so just thought I check with you guys first.. Thanks.
Tornado red mk5 Golf GTI 5 door.

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 07:24:38 am »
The Rev G or D will fit any year of Mk V GTi! :-D

Offline craig_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You