Make a donation

Author Topic: New photobucket site... anyone else hate it?  (Read 2891 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: New photobucket site... anyone else hate it?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 09:12:04 pm »
I switched over a while ago and am used to the new version without any problems other than the Organize option isn't working yet. I find that some actions are easier and a big improvement. I have the Plus (was NewPro) version.

Im also a pro user for increased bandwidth and storage space.

The upload side of things seems ok but the options for links for forums and web are worse and like I say the biggest thing is it not linking to full size images but pushing you back to their own browser.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:02 pm »
Testing this picture on their new website. Note the easy to see IMG link on the right hand side!!

I haven't noticed the site upgrade until now. Photobucket have a handy iPhone app I always tend to use.

well that didnt work lol
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:50 pm »
See how image links are pushed back to their site and you cant view full size

click the thumbnail

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 09:19:51 pm »
Testing this picture on their new website. Note the easy to see IMG link on the right hand side!!

I haven't noticed the site upgrade until now. Photobucket have a handy iPhone app I always tend to use.

well that didnt work lol

The picture above opens to a full size pic, it is NOT a thumbnail link to Photbucket's website. What part didn't work. Also somebody complained in an earlier post that they couldn't see the IMG link. That's there too!!

:confused:

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 09:22:17 pm »

click the thumbnail

The difference between your pictures and mine.

Mine =

[ img width=786 height=589]http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q446/sandydodds/image_zpsf95de017.jpg[/img ]

Yours =

[ URL=http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/jedi-knight83/media/eBay%20items/Steves%20Roock%20Wheels/DSC_0154.jpg.html][ img width=160 height=106]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/jedi-knight83/eBay%20items/Steves%20Roock%20Wheels/th_DSC_0154.jpg[/img ][/URL ]

You must be copying the wrong line i.e. email & IM instead of IMG code?

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 09:28:55 pm »

click the thumbnail

I found this but it's not obvious.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 09:37:16 pm »

I've hated the changes they made since 2005. It just gets harder and harder to just upload and share.

....When you say "share" do you mean to share amongst other Photobucket members while on their site?

I only use it to link the source to post the images on forums etc.
No - just to share on forums. In the olden days, you had say 20-30 pics on a page and each had the urls immediately underneath it. You could copy and paste urls quickly and easily. Now I have to select an image and then be able to see its url. Much more convoluted.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 09:44:38 pm »

click the thumbnail

The difference between your pictures and mine.

Mine =

[ img width=786 height=589]http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q446/sandydodds/image_zpsf95de017.jpg[/img ]

Yours =

[ URL=http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/jedi-knight83/media/eBay%20items/Steves%20Roock%20Wheels/DSC_0154.jpg.html][ img width=160 height=106]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/jedi-knight83/eBay%20items/Steves%20Roock%20Wheels/th_DSC_0154.jpg[/img ][/URL ]

You must be copying the wrong line i.e. email & IM instead of IMG code?

Nope not copying the wrong bit....

You copy the code that is 'IMG Thumb' so it gives you a thumbnail image that links to the bigger image. On the old site the 'bigger image' was the full size image opened in a new broswer window on its own (not on photobuckets site.

With the new site the 'bigger image' is a downsized image on their own site.

I cant find a way to link it to a full size image

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 09:46:48 pm »
This is the img code... I uploaded that as a full size image from my nikon d90... its a massive image.. there is no way of linking the full size photo

but you paste that link in your browser and instead of just opening the image it opens a photobucket page

Code: [Select]
http://daz.co/media/eBay_items/Steves_Roock_Wheels/DSC_0154.jpg
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:48:55 pm by jedi-knight83 »

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 09:53:03 pm »
Looks like you need to go into Organise and the select each picture then click get links.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 10:06:18 pm »
Looks like you need to go into Organise and the select each picture then click get links.

Ooh are you a fan of Aircraft Carrier's/Navy boats/etc? I work for a hydraulic engineering firm that are supplying the aircraft lifts (and other equipment) for the new 'Super' Carriers the Queen Elizabeth Class. Awesome boats, even better when you are involved in their beginning/build. :-)

Sorry for the tangent Jedi. ;-)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 10:07:27 pm »
test

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 10:10:51 pm »
well that linking worked but that still doesnt fix the issue of linking images coming up in their own window and the fact they are now not full size

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 10:18:12 pm »
Ooh are you a fan of Aircraft Carrier's/Navy boats/etc? I work for a hydraulic engineering firm that are supplying the aircraft lifts (and other equipment) for the new 'Super' Carriers the Queen Elizabeth Class. Awesome boats, even better when you are involved in their beginning/build. :-)

Sorry for the tangent Jedi. ;-)

I guess so. I was more intrigued by this one as it's the USS George Bush that was parked in the Solent a few years ago.

It was just a random album I picked on Photobucket to show you could select and get links for more than one picture at a time.  :happy2: