Make a donation

Author Topic: New photobucket site... anyone else hate it?  (Read 2890 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: New photobucket site... anyone else hate it?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 10:27:59 pm »
Ooh are you a fan of Aircraft Carrier's/Navy boats/etc? I work for a hydraulic engineering firm that are supplying the aircraft lifts (and other equipment) for the new 'Super' Carriers the Queen Elizabeth Class. Awesome boats, even better when you are involved in their beginning/build. :-)

Sorry for the tangent Jedi. ;-)

I guess so. I was more intrigued by this one as it's the USS George Bush that was parked in the Solent a few years ago.

It was just a random album I picked on Photobucket to show you could select and get links for more than one picture at a time.  :happy2:

Try and see if you can work out how to link to full size photos :)
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:48 pm »
I did it's just that the forum scales them.  :smiley:

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 10:33:22 pm »
I did it's just that the forum scales them.  :smiley:

no... thats the size they are now.... you trying viewing the full size one.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 10:59:46 pm »
You've lost me.  :confused:

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 11:32:37 pm »
You've lost me.  :confused:

ok i uploaded large pics... like 4000x3000 pixles... and it wont let me see the full size images now

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 12:34:02 am »
See how image links are pushed back to their site and you cant view full size

click the thumbnail

I don't see what the problem is - This was one click on Photobucket followed by Command+V (on Mac) on this forum Reply. Et voila!..................

As Ian says, this forum automatically limits their viewed size.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:36:05 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 10:30:03 am »
Ha ok you guys dont seem to get it.

Im not just talking about this forum and how it displays the photos... and incidentally thats not the forum resizing the photo thats photobucket resizing it.

I mean before if youd clicked on that thumbnail you would have opened the full size image which is 3216 × 2136. I uploaded that 3216 × 2136 image to photobucket. Now show me where I can view the 3216 × 2136 image like I used to be able to. Thats a web copy photobucket have made.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 10:34:31 am »
see this was uploaded before the new site....

and if you right click and 'open in new tab' it opens a the image full size at 1200x800. (at least it does on my laptop)

But if you do the same on that other wheel image it SHOULD open the same but with the 3000x2000 whatever it was dimensions... but it takes you to photobucket instead.. Useless for when your selling things and wanting to show large detailed photos.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 05:02:25 pm »
Just had this reply from photobucket... seems they are now always going to link you back to their site and for some reason their idea of a full size image is about 900px wide and suggest just using the browser zoom function!

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your email and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

We have changed our linking rules so that when a linked image is clicked, it opens on Photobucket.com, as opposed to being opened as separate full-size image. This was a business decision that we made, I'm sorry that this wasn't communicated out to you.

I want to explain album privacy for you, so you know exactly what's going on with your images being linked to the site. When you link an image from a private album, all other images in that album remain private. If you test opening one of your images direct link, when you are not logged into your account, you'll see that your albums are inaccessible.

In addition, to help with the zoom function, simply hold down the ctrl button while tapping the - (minus) key to zoom out. Tap the + (plus) key instead to zoom back in.

Another, more permanent, solution is to actually change the default setting for your OS, especially for Windows 7. This will fix all of your zoom options for all of your web pages. This setting can be found by right-clicking on your computers desktop, then selecting Personalize. Then in the bottom left hand corner click on the Display link. Here you have an option to select 100%, 125% or 150%. Our site works best in 100%, but be warned this will change how everything looks on your computer. You will have to log out of Windows and log back in before this change will take effect.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Let me know if you have any more questions, thanks!

Rubbish!