Make a donation

Author Topic: Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor  (Read 12558 times)

Type_R

Re: Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 11:11:09 am »
Great stuff  :happy2: Easy fix

Time to enjoy now

Indeed, although sometimes I wonder why I enjoy the GTi more than the M3!  :driver:

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 06:44:30 pm »
Hi. Can I ask where you got your temperature sensor. I have an 05 AXX engine, but on the sites I looked at they didn't list AXX as compatible with the part no. quoted on this thread. I think I could do with a new one as my car takes forever to get up to temperature these days!
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Type_R

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 07:12:29 pm »
Hi. Can I ask where you got your temperature sensor. I have an 05 AXX engine, but on the sites I looked at they didn't list AXX as compatible with the part no. quoted on this thread. I think I could do with a new one as my car takes forever to get up to temperature these days!

I asked several sellers on Ebay and went with this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180608087815?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 04:16:08 pm »
Thanks for that. You said you got an error code after fitting. Do think you think it would matter if mine didn't get cleared because I don't have access to VCDS for free?

Type_R

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 04:56:28 pm »
Thanks for that. You said you got an error code after fitting. Do think you think it would matter if mine didn't get cleared because I don't have access to VCDS for free?

Well all I can say is when I started it up after installing the new one it gave me the P0118 error. It also ran the radiator fans at 100% for 5 minutes after turn off (engine was cold). But as soon as I cleared it, radiator fans have not been on continously. I would suggest you find someone with VCDS close to you when you do it, because those fans at 100% are quite noisy!

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 05:31:34 pm »
Ok then, thanks for the help  :happy2:

Type_R

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 08:10:37 pm »
Just a little update. Been driving a little bit more now and noticed that the temperature came up quickly (normal time period) but only to about 80C. Drove on the motorway from B'ham to London only to find the temperature is mostly sitting at 80C and sometimes going up to 85C. Never at 90C. When I am totally driving the beans off the car with loads of boost does it get to 90, but then soon comes down and settles at 80 again.

So the question is, is this £7 sensor just not calibrated right? Is the radiator the Indy fitted 6 months ago not doing its job correctly? Should I get a VW sensor for £30 and try that?

VCDS is not throwing any errors at all. Is there anything I can log to get to the bottom of this. I want my temp back at 90C please and to stay there!