Make a donation

Author Topic: Not A Golf MK5 But A Leon MK2  (Read 4104 times)

Offline mark-cupra

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Not A Golf MK5 But A Leon MK2
« on: October 19, 2012, 09:31:32 pm »
Hey guys/girls, still pretty new on here but thought id put a thread up of my leon, its not had alot done to it yet but im trying my best its just having the money lol

Used to own an ibiza mk3 cupra which looked like this

I then sold it after owning it for about a year and a half for a leon mk2, i was originally after a mk1 leon cupra r but then started to like the mk2 shape and fancied having a newer more up to date car :)
So i found one on autotrader at a ford dealers in chester and decided to buy it back in Jan this year, its a 2006 leon FR TFSI with 62,000 on (now 67,000)

Heres when i first bought it, it was fitted with chrome mirror caps(which i disliked) and audi rs4 reps, it had also had the silver interior trim kit bought for it aswell

First mod was the stereo

Then came the calipers which i painted savage green

After that was a black K1 grill which i wrapped the badge in carbon on

I then tried wrapping my mirrors in green carbon but didnt like it as it stood out too much on the black so took it off again

I purchased a Milltek cat back exhaust next and got it fitted

Just recently i fitted some genuine mudguards to help cut down on dirt and with winter coming thought they would help too

And my latest mod which was fitted last week is the ever popular eibach sportlines :D which is my favourite mod so far as it just feels so much nicer to drive now

also i won some mirror covers on ebay and sprayed them gloss black to get rid of the chrome ones :)

Thats it for pics at the moment, ive fitted LED number plate and sidelight bulbs and a stubby aerial too but havent got pics really of them

future plans are:

Wind deflectors
Door sill protectors
6000k HID Kit
Neuspeed p-flo
New alloys
Maybe a spoiler

thats all i can think of for now

Thanks for looking, any comments welcome :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:57:25 am by mark-cupra »

Offline EddieA

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Not A Golf MK5 But A Leon MK2
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 09:40:54 pm »
Like it looks good, I also like the green mirrors gives the 'racecar' effect!

Good colour too
Edition 30 TTE420 - number 470 - RTech 418bhp and 391lbft

Offline mark-cupra

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 09:45:04 pm »
Cheers mate :) yh i suppose they could of grew on me but they dont look as bad in pics as they were in real life, they just stood out too much for my liking as it was a really bright green, i think they'd look nice on a white car more maybe

Offline mark-cupra

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 11:03:32 am »
Few more recent pics and updates

Fitted a Mk5 golf rear wiper as i had it in my shed which was originally purchased for my ibiza but never got round to fitting it

Also fitted some Philips DRL's, the picture wasnt amazing because of the sun but you get the idea lol

Thats all for now, more to come :)