Make a donation

Author Topic: rear wipers  (Read 718 times)

Offline woky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
rear wipers
« on: March 01, 2013, 10:43:35 pm »
just the last 2 days when i,ve got in the car went to start it, my rear wiper decided to wipe ! and its been dry with no rain  does anyone know why ?

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
Re: rear wipers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 10:51:07 pm »
I've had this a few times recently... I even had it when it wouldn't turn off until I restarted the car! :confused:

There are no fault codes - so I'm assuming it's some moisture in the rw motor... or some electrical gremelins... as sometimes I get the drivers side window descending after requesting both to ascend... hmm; is the MK5 an Alfa in disguise!?

Offline woky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 10:55:12 pm »
I've had this a few times recently... I even had it when it wouldn't turn off until I restarted the car! :confused:

There are no fault codes - so I'm assuming it's some moisture in the rw motor... or some electrical gremelins... as sometimes I get the drivers side window descending after requesting both to ascend... hmm; is the MK5 an Alfa in disguise!?
i hope not  :signLOL: even when i,ve drove off the rear wiper will wipe. so i put washers on (front and back) it seems to stop then  :confused:

Offline Tortaruga

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 11:34:01 pm »
It may be dirt on the front windscreen which the sensor is picking up. If you have your wiper stalk on auto and put the car in reverse, the rear will wipe.

Give your windscreen a good clean at the sensor and see if it helps.
'07 Red manual

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 12:24:35 am »
Mines been doing this recently, also as said by 'camfollower' mine went mental and wouldn't stop until I turned the ignition back off!

Strange.

Offline JFJ

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 01:43:42 am »
I've also had the same. I just turned the engine off and back on again and that stopped it. Only happened once though